Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2016, 01:52 PM

Head Transplant

Not sure if this comes under 'General Health' but it has been in the news from time to time over the last couple years.

Gruesome, but a choice . What is more gruesome ,is how many animals have been through the same procedure in preparation for such , and what horrific disasters could have been created.

If it doesn't work, could that be murder ?

Thoughts ?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...ad-transplant/
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2016, 02:01 PM

Re: Head Transplant

I remember watching the film 'Face Off' and thinking how ridiculous.
How wrong was I.

Nothing surprises me in science.

Frankenstein?
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2016, 02:08 PM

I always thought if the Spinal cord was severed it made you paralised .
if they can repair spinal cords i can see the benefit for many who have lost the feeling of their bodies and limbs .

My own thoughts on this is its a step to far to transplant an head , I think it was a step to far when Transplants were started all those years ago .
Look where its led to .
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2016, 03:03 PM

I think the whole idea is just sick.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2016, 03:12 PM

Depends if you listen to your head or your heart, in that circumstance, it could be viewed as a Body Transplant.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2016, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Not sure if this comes under 'General Health' but it has been in the news from time to time over the last couple years.

Gruesome, but a choice . What is more gruesome ,is how many animals have been through the same procedure in preparation for such , and what horrific disasters could have been created.

Thoughts ?

The idea is really creepy, imo.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2016, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->

Thoughts ?

My thoughts exactly PD.
I also wondered how on earth it could be carried out , because presumably both test animals would have to be still alive, as a corps receiving another dead head wouldn't prove anything?
Would they honestly cut an animals head off while it was still alive? In fact, they'd have to cut both animals heads off while they were still alive wouldn't they?

It doesn't bear thinking about too much, does it.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2016, 06:55 PM

Yuck.
Where do they get the other body from then? One intact .. not riddled with disease?
Presumably if it's in that good a nick the original owner shouldn't have died.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2016, 07:35 PM

Hi

Compared with other things that are allegedly going on in the field of genetically engineering humans, head transplants seem quite sane.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2016, 09:27 PM

I suppose the body would have to belong to someone who died of a head injury, wouldn't they have to be compatible with the head donor? What are the chances of that?
I know someone who had his fingers re-attached, they hurt constantly, I wonder if the body would do so, or the head.
It all sounds a bit like Futurama, but, if they could perfect it...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top