Join for free
Page 6 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 01:09 AM

Re: The Best Purchase Ever

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Mine has to be, even though it was a present... my head torch.
Yeah, l look like a miner with it on or as if l am a bit ‘la la’!
It’s great for going outside in the dark in my garden to check my hens are ok, to close my gates or put the dustbin out.
Ooh yes also excellent for going to the shed in the dark or going to gather some laurel leaves or rosemary for a casserole! I have it because of my long history of hiking and climbing. Invaluable when you get lost after dark and need both hands. But also fabulous if you camp at a festival.

The phone case is also invaluable. The dog pulled me a couple of years ago and I lost the phone (crack the screen and that's the end). Have been using a really good cover ever since.

A router splitter has been a life saver working from home.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2021, 12:30 PM

Just treated myself to a new electric mitre saw. Had the old one for around fifteen years but it has finally packed up. Still had the original blade in it too. The new one has the slide function.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2021, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Just treated myself to a new electric mitre saw. Had the old one for around fifteen years but it has finally packed up. Still had the original blade in it too. The new one has the slide function.
I bought a similar saw back in the summer when I was doing the fence Longdogs. It was what they call a 'Chop saw' I think I might have made a mistake, it's been laying unused on the garage bench since. I'm thinking that a 'Bandsaw' would have been more appropriate....Oh Well!....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2021, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I bought a similar saw back in the summer when I was doing the fence Longdogs. It was what they call a 'Chop saw' I think I might have made a mistake, it's been laying unused on the garage bench since. I'm thinking that a 'Bandsaw' would have been more appropriate....Oh Well!....
Ah yes, this is what I am waiting on

OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2021, 04:01 PM

Here's mine Longdogs...

pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2021, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->

They are great for DIYers as well as carpenters.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2021, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
They are great for DIYers as well as carpenters.
I love mine. All the joys of mitering trim with ease...
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2021, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
My best ever buy was my cordless drill/screwdriver which is the tool that, without a doubt, has the most use of any tool that I own.
Completely agree, mine is the small (Blue) Bosch which also came with a cordless impact driver, It took me while to work out how the impact driver worked but now the combination of the two is brilliant and does everyting I've ever wanted them to do.

It was a bit of a 'hit' to the wallet at the time, but looking back it was the best buy I've ever made. I even ordered a 'heavy duty' battery to supplement the two that came with the kit.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2021, 08:15 PM

Roast red peppers, in a jar. Nice, and saves a lot of messin'
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

15-01-2021, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Here's mine Longdogs...

I like the clamp on that.

Page 6 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top