Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
xirrpy
Devon-all of it
xirrpy is male  xirrpy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2021, 04:01 PM

Harold Shipman

If he was still practising would he be administering placebos.

If there was another like him would he even be caught in this epidemic.

Im going to watch telly.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2021, 07:46 PM

Re: Harold Shipman

All l know is... if he had been my doctor, l probably wouldn’t be posting on this thread now.

The only reason he was caught was, my lovely solicitor (who has since died) was suspicious of him after her mother died at his hands and she raised the alarm.
xirrpy
Devon-all of it
xirrpy is male  xirrpy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2021, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
All l know is... if he had been my doctor, l probably wouldn’t be posting on this thread now.

The only reason he was caught was, my lovely solicitor (who has since died) was suspicious of him after her mother died at his hands and she raised the alarm.
oh wow-
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2021, 09:32 PM

I remember having an injection in my shoulder at the time this case was going on. I felt very nervous.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2021, 10:02 PM

I used to love shipmans salmon paste on my sandwiches until I realised what might be in them.....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2021, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I used to love shipmans salmon paste on my sandwiches until I realised what might be in them.....
Ooooo.
xirrpy
Devon-all of it

10-01-2021, 11:54 AM

Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 07:26 PM

After seeing and posting on this thread. I googled my late solicitor’s name.. Angela Woodruff and didn’t realise a three part series about Shipman and what he did was televised on BBC2 last year.

For anyone who didn’t see it and might be interested in seeing it, it’s called... The Shipman Files... A Very British Crime Story.

Angela was such a lovely, lovely lady, it saddens me that she died in her early 70’s of Alzheimer’s probably caused by the shock of her mother’s murder.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 07:52 PM

Its just makes me ask WHY

I guess we will never know and cant possibly understand but its known that his patients loved him . Yet he didnt seem to have mental problems or appear violent
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 08:00 PM

Well, he certainly had mental problems.

No one is exempt from mental health problems, regardless of education or intellect........he was obviously off his rocker, yes I just said that!.....

I believe a lot hide behind their status,intellect, to get away with stuff....he certainly did didn’t he!.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top