Join for free
Reply
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Mups's Avatar
Mups
Chatterbox
Mups is offline
Northamptonshire
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 43,821
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
11-01-2021, 01:49 PM
41

Re: Your Bucket list

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I am not a big bucket lister as l like to do things more spontaneously than think about them.

I did want to grow Mistletoe but l have given up on that after many failed attempts on my apple trees.



I had some really good instructions in my gardening magazine recently, but unfortunately I pass the magazine on to another gardening friend afterwards, so can't copy it for you now.

Have a read of this from the RHS though. You need to scroll down for the growing instructions.


https://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/profile?pid=134

P.S. I don't think you can use old berries from Christmas decs, you need fresh ones.
Reply With Quote
Tiffany's Avatar
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Tiffany is offline
Devon
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 12,634
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
11-01-2021, 02:25 PM
42

Re: Your Bucket list

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I am not a big bucket lister as l like to do things more spontaneously than think about them.

I did want to grow Mistletoe but l have given up on that after many failed attempts on my apple trees.
There are lots of trees all along the M5 Somerset way, covered in Mistletoe, at least I think it's Mistletoe. They aren't all apple trees either, some are those tall spindley trees, Poplars are they?
Reply With Quote
Mups's Avatar
Mups
Chatterbox
Mups is offline
Northamptonshire
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 43,821
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
11-01-2021, 02:33 PM
43

Re: Your Bucket list

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
There are lots of trees all along the M5 Somerset way, covered in Mistletoe, at least I think it's Mistletoe. They aren't all apple trees either, some are those tall spindley trees, Poplars are they?

I think you're right Tiff, because apparently it can grow on Poplar, Hawthorn and Lime as well as Apple trees, although it seems mostly popular on cultivated apple trees.
Reply With Quote
pauline3
Chatterbox
pauline3 is offline
Hampshire UK
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 6,991
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
11-01-2021, 02:44 PM
44

Re: Your Bucket list

Art, lots of vids on YouTube on how to grow mistletoe.
Reply With Quote
Tiffany's Avatar
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Tiffany is offline
Devon
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 12,634
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
11-01-2021, 02:49 PM
45

Re: Your Bucket list

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I think you're right Tiff, because apparently it can grow on Poplar, Hawthorn and Lime as well as Apple trees, although it seems mostly popular on cultivated apple trees.
Yes, it does prefer Apple trees but will grow on the others you mentioned as well.
Reply With Quote
Pesta's Avatar
Pesta
Chatterbox
Pesta is offline
North of the South UK
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 6,190
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
11-01-2021, 09:01 PM
46

Re: Your Bucket list

Nothing so elaborate as holidays, I just want to be around for January next year for Miss Madam's wedding.
This is the 3rd time it's been rearranged because of Covid.
Reply With Quote
Reply
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

Thread Tools


© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top

Powered by vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.