Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 07:26 PM

Re: Tributes

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
The tribute isn't for the one that leads it. It's for the person to whom the tribute is paid. I guess what matters is if the tribute is due and the person who it's for is known to many. Who cares who leads it. As long as it's paid. Example...police officers, firefighters, paramedics, soldiers etc who die on duty have tributes paid to them by political and community leaders who may have never heard of those individuals. My answer: yes. Why not?
Whatever he said >>>^
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 08:03 PM

Tribute whomever you like I would say, except living politicians and entertainers who are ever at risk of doing something beyond the pale.

I can't tell you how many streets, bridges, and buildings have been named...only to have to be named later.

We always seem to miss the people who should be given the most kudos: The woman who played the organ in church for 60 years without missing a service, the little old lady in my town who can barely walk and is hunched over, but makes it a mission to walk the streets and alleys to take care of and identify strays or animals that are being neglected or mistreated, the man in my mom's neighborhood has made it his mission to be an unpaid handyman for widows or people who can't afford to pay....

Perhaps it's the people who act from their hearts rather than as a result of their pay that we should be singling out the most.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 09:05 PM

Last word. A tribute paid to anybody or anything by anybody else is totally fine with me. Because it sure beats a bomb, a bullet or a mouth full of abuse. More tributes, less hate.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 10:53 PM

On that reckoning, you could be tributing, a person who has the capacity to authorise the dropping of a bomb, regardless of their previous public appearances.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top