Join for free
Reply
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Tedc's Avatar
Tedc
Senior Member
Tedc is offline
Berkshire, UK
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 3,699
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
12-01-2021, 05:31 PM
11

Re: Driving me mad

Some speed limit signs are a "nice little earner" for the people who put them there.

As for the "should have known better" responses, I'm a bit surprised that there are so many innocent people around!
Reply With Quote
pauline3
Chatterbox
pauline3 is online now
Hampshire UK
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 6,991
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
12-01-2021, 05:36 PM
12

Re: Driving me mad

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Some speed limit signs are a "nice little earner" for the people who put them there.

As for the "should have known better" responses, I'm a bit surprised that there are so many innocent people around!


Some speed limit signs, can also save lives!....why else do we have speed limit signs, just for a nice little earner, don’t think so.


As for “ speeding “ yes they should know better......we’ve had enough vids on how dangerous speeding is, and deaths due to speeding.....not sure what innocence has got to do with speeding.
Reply With Quote
Tiffany's Avatar
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Tiffany is offline
Devon
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 12,634
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
12-01-2021, 06:50 PM
13

Re: Driving me mad

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Didn't they offer her a speed-awareness course? My S-i-L got done for speeding on a stretch of motorway and was fined but could go on the S-A course to prevent points being added to her licence.
My Son did that course too, he enjoyed it & no points on his license.
Reply With Quote
Dextrous63
Senior Member
Dextrous63 is offline
Manchester, UK
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 4,491
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
12-01-2021, 07:05 PM
14

Re: Driving me mad

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
My Son did that course too, he enjoyed it & no points on his license.
Same here. Must have been nearly 10 years ago (doing 35mph in a 30 zone). Very informative indeed.
Reply With Quote
xirrpy's Avatar
xirrpy
Senior Member
xirrpy is offline
Devon-all of it
Joined: Jan 2021
Posts: 185
xirrpy is male 
 
12-01-2021, 08:39 PM
15

Re: Driving me mad

Get an electric scooter
Reply With Quote
Tedc's Avatar
Tedc
Senior Member
Tedc is offline
Berkshire, UK
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 3,699
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
13-01-2021, 12:29 PM
16

Re: Driving me mad

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Some speed limit signs, can also save lives!....why else do we have speed limit signs, just for a nice little earner, don’t think so.


As for “ speeding “ yes they should know better......we’ve had enough vids on how dangerous speeding is, and deaths due to speeding.....not sure what innocence has got to do with speeding.
Pauline,

If you spend a lot of time on Motorways, for example, you might notice that drivers slow right down, to go through speed checked stretches, and then speed back up at the other end.

Speeding is dangerous.

So is parking up, in safe areas on Motorways, when you break down.

Speeding might be fixed if they get serious and start taking the driving licence away for, say, a month, for the 1st offence & then longer afterwards.

Then they need to ban fancy traffic speed warning attached to satnavs, etc, which might stop drivers from knowing where all the cameras are, and slowing at the check points.
Reply With Quote
Surfermom's Avatar
Surfermom
Senior Member
Surfermom is offline
United States
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 4,751
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
13-01-2021, 04:10 PM
17

Re: Driving me mad

Dex, we are seeing the same delays her. While we all have to tolerate these delays, our concerns are that many institutions will make this sort of delay standard operating procedure long after Covid-19. We are already seeing people make excuses about being late and blaming Covid when it isn't at play, at all.

We have to be prepared to make demands for pre-Covid baselines of operations when it's all said and done.

Otherwise it will be akin to the delays and frustrations we have all sxperienced all over Russia and third world countries.
Reply With Quote
Percy Vere's Avatar
Percy Vere
Senior Member
Percy Vere is offline
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Joined: Dec 2019
Posts: 3,146
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
13-01-2021, 04:34 PM
18

Re: Driving me mad

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Some speed limit signs are a "nice little earner" for the people who put them there.

As for the "should have known better" responses, I'm a bit surprised that there are so many innocent people around!
I'm no innocent Ted; I just haven't been caught yet!
Reply With Quote
Dextrous63
Senior Member
Dextrous63 is offline
Manchester, UK
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 4,491
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
13-01-2021, 04:41 PM
19

Re: Driving me mad

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Dex, we are seeing the same delays her. While we all have to tolerate these delays, our concerns are that many institutions will make this sort of delay standard operating procedure long after Covid-19. We are already seeing people make excuses about being late and blaming Covid when it isn't at play, at all.

We have to be prepared to make demands for pre-Covid baselines of operations when it's all said and done.

Otherwise it will be akin to the delays and frustrations we have all sxperienced all over Russia and third world countries.
Thanks Surfer. There will be additional delays clearing backlogs (which will be even longer due to staff absences).

Not sure how the US is rolling the vaccine out. In the UK it seems to largely be aged based, with a few variations for some types of key worker.

Cannot help but wonder if the roll out should be redesigned to that it targets different types of jobs first.
Reply With Quote
Reply
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Thread Tools


© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top

Powered by vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.