Join for free
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Minx
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 11:18 PM

What is your absolute greatest fear?

Mine is spiders. Well, to be honest, any creepy crawlers give me the heebie-jeebies.

My most awful experience was when I stood on a stool to get to my baking dishes on the upper shelf.

As I pulled out the tins I saw two hairy front bits and then the eyes emerged over the edge and I came eyeball to eyeball with a spider. I could see the hairs on his legs (jikes).

Of course, being me, I screamed and jumped and well, so did he or she. I didnít care by that stage. I landed on the floor cushioned by my adequate bottom and just screamed as I looked for it.

My son came to me aid (whilst laughing) and found the tiny bugger in the fruit bowl on the counter. He took the frightful sod outside whilst I nursed my sore bottom! It wasnít tiny to me. The thing was massive!

Whatís your greatest fear?
Bratti
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 11:25 PM

Re: What is your absolute greatest fear?

Your greatest fear ? Spiders?
Sorry but

Mine is far to gruesome to talk about.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 11:26 PM

Funnily enough Minx, I was going to start a similar thread, but mine was about childhood fears and what scared us as kids.
Best not do it now though.

Regarding fears now at our age now, I suppose I fear becoming old and in bad health, incapable of looking after myself.
I saw this happen to my dear old Mum, and it was so sad.
I also fear losing my beloved dogs.

I have a horrible feeling this thread might get very morbid.
Bratti
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I have a horrible feeling this thread might get very morbid.
You think? Lol.
keezoy
Sydney, Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 11:32 PM

Heights. Any sheer natural cliff or one that does not have a gentle fall away slope. Any structure or building over more than say?..four stories. - is terrifying to me. I am a dead set acrophobic. Flying doesn't count. That's different.

Dying alone.

And the greatest of all is losing my wife and/ or son. That to me, at my age, would be the same as death.

No animal of any order scares me *. I respect them and avoid the naturally dangerous ones. Any animal left alone and not threatened will probably do the same with you. And steer well clear of it's young.

*Wrong - there is one. The most vicious, cruel and dangerous animal on Earth. Humans.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 11:33 PM

Violent lightning storms.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
You think? Lol.

Hi Bratti.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

12-01-2021, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Violent lightning storms.

Ooh yes, I don't like any storms.
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 11:37 PM

My greatest fear? Getting old to the point where I am no longer able to control my bodily functions
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 11:37 PM

Don't think I have any. Have had too much crap in my life to worry about anything.
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top