Join for free
Reply
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Dodge's Avatar
Dodge
Senior Member
Dodge is offline
Kent, UK
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 917
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
04-01-2021, 11:58 PM
11

Re: Julian Assange - GREAT NEWS!

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
There is actually absolutely NO evidence that what was written by Assange put ANYONE'S life or safety at risk.

There is a great deal of evedince that what Assange put into the public domain hugely embarrassed the American government big time. The irony is that most of what Assange caused to be published was quite widely known already.
If what you say is true then Assange has nothing to fear because the biggest charge against him is that he put the lives of people at extreme risk. Now if there is no evidence of that then what has Assange got to fear?
Reply With Quote
Bruce's Avatar
Bruce
Chatterbox
Bruce is offline
Wollongong, Australia
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 13,457
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
05-01-2021, 01:27 AM
12

Re: Julian Assange - GREAT NEWS!

A bit of a curate's egg judgement. Didn't do much for press freedom but still a good outcome for Julian Assange.

I just hope the Australian government wakes up and finally does something for him, their lack of action has been a disgrace.
Reply With Quote
keezoy
Senior Member
keezoy is online now
Sydney, Australia
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 2,458
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
05-01-2021, 06:44 AM
13

Re: Julian Assange - GREAT NEWS!

Yes "Lock him up and throw away the key!".."String him up even"...Maybe, but I see there is absolutely no mention of the unarmed men that that US helicopter gunship mowed down. "Light 'em up!" the cavalry yelled.. "Smoke em!"..JUst like those gaddamned Injuns in the Wild West. It was beyond foul. Just simple bloody murder. The USA has been a close ally of Australia for over 100 years. And still is. But like those renegade Australian SAS troopers in Afghanistan, THose US soldiers were murderers too. And what agents were put at risk?...Does that justify those murders?? Agents choose to be agents. They know the risk. Good god why do they make so many spy movies?..Assange just told the truth. He is a victim of that idiot Trump. And we all know the only person he cares about. And I agree with Bruce. I think Jennifer Robinson deserves the AO for the work she's done for Assange. The Australian Government deserves a kick in it's very large and comfortable arse.
Reply With Quote
summer's Avatar
summer
Chatterbox
summer is offline
yorkshire
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 9,277
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
05-01-2021, 09:36 AM
14

Re: Julian Assange - GREAT NEWS!

Its not over yet the USA will appeal....i was shocked at his appearance yesterday he looked so haggered whatever the rights or wrongs of the case I think he has suffered enough.
Reply With Quote
The Artful Todger's Avatar
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
The Artful Todger is offline
Suffolk UK
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 9,039
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
05-01-2021, 05:00 PM
15

Re: Julian Assange - GREAT NEWS!

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Yes "Lock him up and throw away the key!".."String him up even"...Maybe, but I see there is absolutely no mention of the unarmed men that that US helicopter gunship mowed down. "Light 'em up!" the cavalry yelled.. "Smoke em!"..JUst like those gaddamned Injuns in the Wild West. It was beyond foul. Just simple bloody murder. The USA has been a close ally of Australia for over 100 years. And still is. But like those renegade Australian SAS troopers in Afghanistan, THose US soldiers were murderers too. And what agents were put at risk?...Does that justify those murders?? Agents choose to be agents. They know the risk. Good god why do they make so many spy movies?..Assange just told the truth. He is a victim of that idiot Trump. And we all know the only person he cares about. And I agree with Bruce. I think Jennifer Robinson deserves the AO for the work she's done for Assange. The Australian Government deserves a kick in it's very large and comfortable arse.
Obama actually. Not Trump.
Reply With Quote
The Artful Todger's Avatar
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
The Artful Todger is offline
Suffolk UK
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 9,039
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
05-01-2021, 05:01 PM
16

Re: Julian Assange - GREAT NEWS!

Originally Posted by summer ->
Its not over yet the USA will appeal....i was shocked at his appearance yesterday he looked so haggered whatever the rights or wrongs of the case I think he has suffered enough.
I don't think he should have suffered at all.
Reply With Quote
Dodge's Avatar
Dodge
Senior Member
Dodge is offline
Kent, UK
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 917
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
05-01-2021, 05:30 PM
17

Re: Julian Assange - GREAT NEWS!

He broke the law and therefore should be held to account, end of. No one is above the law.
Reply With Quote
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Donkeyman is offline
Melton,United Kingdom
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 6,650
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
05-01-2021, 06:13 PM
18

Re: Julian Assange - GREAT NEWS!

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
He broke the law and therefore should be held to account, end of. No one is above the law.
That's only a rumour Dodge.!!
Take news !!

Donkeyman! 👎👎
Reply With Quote
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
swimfeeders is offline
Shropshire
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 22,089
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
05-01-2021, 06:23 PM
19

Re: Julian Assange - GREAT NEWS!

Hi

OK. he has done nothing wrong, not responsible at all for the rape and murder of those who helped is in the fight against the terrorists.
Let him go free, he has done nothing wrong so he needs no protection.

That would do for me.
Reply With Quote
The Artful Todger's Avatar
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
The Artful Todger is offline
Suffolk UK
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 9,039
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
05-01-2021, 06:40 PM
20

Re: Julian Assange - GREAT NEWS!

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
He broke the law and therefore should be held to account, end of. No one is above the law.
Which law? America was hell bent to get their hands on him because he had made the American government look like what they are. The intention was and always has been to put the fear of God into anyone who had real and new evidence about the underhand skulduggery that the American government were and had been up to. If you want the villain of the peace and real law breaking look no further than the American government. Again.
Reply With Quote
Reply
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Thread Tools


© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top

Powered by vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.