Join for free
Reply
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Judd's Avatar
Judd
Chatterbox
Judd is offline
West Riding of Yorkshire
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 11,553
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
12-01-2021, 04:56 PM
21

Re: Social media controls:

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
apparently Ayatollah Khomeini has been spouting hatred against isreal and inciting violence yet only 1 tweet got pulled by twitter. Trump gets banned for life, shouldn't Khomeini too? Double standards?

Freedom of speech is all about gone, it wont be long before we will even be able to say freedom of speech is gone!
Certainly are. Those Twitter users with a right of centre viewpoint are slowly being culled in contrast to the left/woke `Twitterers` who can post what they want without compunction - the number of vile, nasty, and downright evil posts targetting leave voters was horrendous. There's also been videos of beheadings and other ISIS- style images posted. You could report the post of course, but Twitter seldom acts on it.

Another nail in the coffin of free speech is the removal of hosting by Amazon of the Parler discussion platform. This was mainly used by Republicans and DT supporters (euphemistically called Patriots) and as soon as DT was ousted by Twitter, Parler was shut down.

Getting unbiased news is being made more difficult day by day. MSM simply can't be trusted to report news without their particular political spin.
Reply With Quote
Surfermom's Avatar
Surfermom
Senior Member
Surfermom is offline
United States
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 4,732
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
13-01-2021, 06:21 PM
22

Re: Social media controls:

Today Iím going off all my social media sites, save here. Institutional censorship is now out of control, being applied with alarming bias. Until it is sorted out, I canít in good conscience, be part of it.
Reply With Quote
Judd's Avatar
Judd
Chatterbox
Judd is offline
West Riding of Yorkshire
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 11,553
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
13-01-2021, 09:21 PM
23

Re: Social media controls:

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Today Iím going off all my social media sites, save here. Institutional censorship is now out of control, being applied with alarming bias. Until it is sorted out, I canít in good conscience, be part of it.


There's a new platform started up called Gab. Users of Parler and Twitter who have been forced out are opening accounts on there. Such is the demand that the site is running slow.
Reply With Quote
Bread's Avatar
Bread
Chatterbox
Bread is offline
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 8,819
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
14-01-2021, 01:41 PM
24

Re: Social media controls:

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Certainly are. Those Twitter users with a right of centre viewpoint are slowly being culled in contrast to the left/woke `Twitterers` who can post what they want without compunction - the number of vile, nasty, and downright evil posts targetting leave voters was horrendous. There's also been videos of beheadings and other ISIS- style images posted. You could report the post of course, but Twitter seldom acts on it.

Another nail in the coffin of free speech is the removal of hosting by Amazon of the Parler discussion platform. This was mainly used by Republicans and DT supporters (euphemistically called Patriots) and as soon as DT was ousted by Twitter, Parler was shut down.

Getting unbiased news is being made more difficult day by day. MSM simply can't be trusted to report news without their particular political spin.

As far as Parler is concerned, this is a lot more than a free speech censoring. Parler is a legitimate business which hosts its infrastructure in the Amazon Cloud as part of Amazon Web Services. Because Amazon do not like Parlers political stance on free speech, they basically switched off their business completely, rendering it unable to trade.

Every company in the world hosting their infrastructure in AWS should be alarmed over this. If Amazon do not like your new CEO or the price of your drug products then you get your business destroyed by Jeff Bezos and his crew.

Bearing in mind, as the left celebrate the removal of Donald Trump from Twitter (and Google censorship), the shutting down of Parler by Amazon because they didn't agree with their free speach platform, just remember these are the same companies the left were demonising for workers rights abuse and tax avoidance.

The hysteria of Donald Trump Syndrome continues as big tech decides what can and cannot be allowed on the internet.
Reply With Quote
Surfermom's Avatar
Surfermom
Senior Member
Surfermom is offline
United States
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 4,732
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
14-01-2021, 03:18 PM
25

Re: Social media controls:

Originally Posted by Bread;2018934
The hysteria of Donald Trump Syndrome continues as [B
big tech decides what can and cannot be allowed on the internet.[/B]
Yes, they are acting as judge and jury....before the President has even been given due process. The ramifications are terrifying.

This puts free speech squarely in the hands of the most wealthy.

That's why I'm out.

Of interest, Twitter sent a tweet this morning that suggests that they need to have an in-house discussion about the President's ban, especially after the company (with an unprecedented amount of gall and self-righteousness) just tweeted in regard to the Ugandan elections:

"Ahead of the Ugandan election, we're hearing reports that Internet service providers are being ordered to block social media and messaging apps.

We strongly condemn internet shutdowns Ė they are hugely harmful, violate basic human rights and the principles of the #OpenInternet."
Reply With Quote
Bread's Avatar
Bread
Chatterbox
Bread is offline
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 8,819
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
14-01-2021, 03:38 PM
26

Re: Social media controls:

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Yes, they are acting as judge and jury....before the President has even been given due process. The ramifications are terrifying.

This puts free speech squarely in the hands of the most wealthy.

That's why I'm out.

Of interest, Twitter sent a tweet this morning that suggests that they need to have an in-house discussion about the President's ban, especially after the company (with an unprecedented amount of gall and self-righteousness) just tweeted in regard to the Ugandan elections:

"Ahead of the Ugandan election, we're hearing reports that Internet service providers are being ordered to block social media and messaging apps.

We strongly condemn internet shutdowns Ė they are hugely harmful, violate basic human rights and the principles of the #OpenInternet."
Agreed

They shouldn't be even be having these discussions, I mean, why now ? it's their social media platforms that have been the providers of hate campaigns and fake news all over the world.

Trumps campaign was censored enormously during the 2020 election by these big tech social media platforms. But it worked, they got their man, they won ! But here we have Pelosi, Biden, Harris and the rest of the crazies celebrate their victory with more hate, spite and nastiness. It's quite unheard of don't you think ?

Where is Biden anyway ?
Reply With Quote
Reply
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Thread Tools


© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top

Powered by vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.