Join for free
Page 5 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2020, 01:01 PM

Re: EU Interference

Originally Posted by Bread ->
EEC and common market are the same thing, just different names.

It is NOT the European Union.
But still you entered the EU at the moment the rest of europe did. Or weren't you one of the signatories of the masstricht treaty?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2020, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
But still you entered the EU at the moment the rest of europe did. Or weren't you one of the signatories of the masstricht treaty?
We didn't join it though. Your making things up again
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2020, 01:53 PM

Hi

I am all in favour of the Common Market and seriously not bothered about Free Movement.

I view both as a benefit to all.

The EU?

A very different animal.

NO, NO and NO.

I simply do not want to be part of it.

I voted No knowing that there would be a financial and personal cost.

It was worth it.

I am not going to be ruled by France and Germany.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2020, 01:58 PM

We didn't join it though. Your making things up again
In denial again? Take your pills.
The Maastricht Treaty, signed in 1992, renamed the EEC (by then 12 member states including UK – Greece, Spain and Portugal joined in the 1980s) as the European Community (EC) to reflect that it covered a wider range than economic policy. This treaty also founded the European Union (EU) into which the EC countries were incorporated.*
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2020, 02:18 PM

In denial again? Take your pills.
The Maastricht Treaty, signed in 1992, renamed the EEC (by then 12 member states including UK – Greece, Spain and Portugal joined in the 1980s) as the European Community (EC) to reflect that it covered a wider range than economic policy. This treaty also founded the European Union (EU) into which the EC countries were incorporated.*

Your lying again. Do you history homework

We joined the EEC in 73 - everyone knows that.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

22-05-2020, 02:37 PM

Your lying again. Do you history homework

We joined the EEC in 73 - everyone knows that.
Which was renamed in 1992, and you chose to sign up to the EU. Nobody forced you to join, but still you did.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

22-05-2020, 02:56 PM

Which was renamed in 1992, and you chose to sign up to the EU. Nobody forced you to join, but still you did.
It wasn't renamed at all. It was about a year after Maastricht was signed. Before that, Maastricht was the European Constitution but nobody wanted it and voted against it so it was rebadged as a treaty to get it rammed through without the will of the people behind it.

We joined the common market in 1973.

There's another history lesson I've given you for free.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2020, 03:04 PM

A little hijack if I'm allowed please.

I've actually been to Maastricht during one of our travels around Europe. IMHO it's a non-entity of a small town with nothing in it that appeals, in the back end of a tiny country that has presumptions of grandeur.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

22-05-2020, 03:06 PM

It wasn't renamed at all. It was about a year after Maastricht was signed. Before that, Maastricht was the European Constitution but nobody wanted it and voted against it so it was rebadged as a treaty to get it rammed through without the will of the people behind it.

We joined the common market in 1973.

There's another history lesson I've given you for free.
If you don't mind, I prefer facts above your phantasies.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

22-05-2020, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
A little hijack if I'm allowed please.

I've actually been to Maastricht during one of our travels around Europe. IMHO it's a non-entity of a small town with nothing in it that appeals, in the back end of a tiny country that has presumptions of grandeur.
Absolutely agree. A remnant of the roman empire. Has been french and german territory. For a little more than a century it is dutch. The language spoken there isn't understood anywhere else in the netherlands. Nothing lost or won by that village.

Page 5 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top