Join for free
Page 5 of 13 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2020, 07:37 PM

Re: UK leases extra patrol ships!!!

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
The figures in that report are skewed Swimmy!
The financial services figure is what we earn worldwide, not what
we do with eu!
And the fishing income is what we get now, not what we COULD get
if we had sole,( pun unintended) access to OUR waters!!
Imo financial services must take its chances?
Donkeyman!
Hi

The key thing in that report for me was that some of our fishermen sold their quotas to foreign boats.

That is the British disease, we sell everything.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2020, 08:25 PM

The figures in that report are skewed Swimmy!
The financial services figure is what we earn worldwide, not what
we do with eu!
And the fishing income is what we get now, not what we COULD get
if we had sole,( pun unintended) access to OUR waters!!
Imo financial services must take its chances?
I don't think we need to worry about our financial services. I'm confident that Frankfurt would not grab our section of that sector. The world has trusted London for many years, sometimes even in preference to New York.

Yes, of course we should defend our right to take priority in our own legal fishing areas. The EU, as always, are just trying it on.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2020, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The key thing in that report for me was that some of our fishermen sold their quotas to foreign boats.

That is the British disease, we sell everything.
Yes l also picked that up Swimmy, it is not all the EUs fault, we also
have a good few self serving individuals working against the common
good, take all the business owners who sold out our industries in
the Thatcher era, now we seek to regenerate them!
Brexit is our opportunity to do just this as regards the fishing
industry!!
BTW, what is the total worth of the whole EU fishing trade each
year?? I thought you might know with your background?
Donkeyman!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2020, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I don't think we need to worry about our financial services. I'm confident that Frankfurt would not grab our section of that sector. The world has trusted London for many years, sometimes even in preference to New York.

Yes, of course we should defend our right to take priority in our own legal fishing areas. The EU, as always, are just trying it on.
My feelings exactly JBR, the potential of our fishing has been
played down for reasons l cant fathom? The benefits of a thriving
fishing sector will almost immediately be felt al around our presently
deprived coastline benefitting ordinary people directly!
Not as in the financial services just a few allready rich individuals!
Donkeyman!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2020, 11:57 AM

My feelings exactly JBR, the potential of our fishing has been
played down for reasons l cant fathom? The benefits of a thriving
fishing sector will almost immediately be felt al around our presently
deprived coastline benefitting ordinary people directly!
Not as in the financial services just a few allready rich individuals!
Donkeyman!

The potential of our fishing has only been played down by remainers. They don't want anything successful to come from Brexit because they still can't cope with being wrong.

The potential of our fishing is enormous... why else would Barnier make it one of his red lines ?

The selling of UK quotas is complete nonesense too where remainers try to make out that fishing is a lost cause. Quotas are allocated each year its not like selling a house.

Here comes 30% of our fishing territory becoming a no-take zone just you watch
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2020, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
The potential of our fishing has only been played down by remainers. They don't want anything successful to come from Brexit because they still can't cope with being wrong.
Exactly. The remoaners are, I believe of two sorts.

Some are money-grabbing businessmen (like Treason May's husband), who have invested heavily in the EU and can't abide seeing us leave their profit-creating enterprise.

Others are nothing more than petulant children who have been brainwashed, quite likely by lefty academics, to believe that the sky will fall down if we leave.

The former sort I can at least understand, but the latter are just pathetic and lack minds of their own.
cuphalffull
North East UK
cuphalffull is female  cuphalffull has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2020, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Leased them from russia I suppose?
Why would you suppose that?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2020, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->

The potential of our fishing is enormous... why else would Barnier make it one of his red lines ?

The selling of UK quotas is complete nonesense too where remainers try to make out that fishing is a lost cause. Quotas are allocated each year its not like selling a house.

Here comes 30% of our fishing territory becoming a no-take zone just you watch
Hi

Nope,

I want us to take back our fishing, in overall financial terms it is peanuts, it is however hugely important to some deprived areas.

80% of the fish we catch is sold to the EU, Tariff Free and Sanitary Checks free.

It is sold to the EU as fresh, a very limited sale time, frozen is worth much less.

We sell it because we do not eat it.

We are not going to suddenly start eating fried mackerel and chips, we traditionally eat cod and chips.

We do not have the processing facilities, it will take a minimum of 3 years and huge investment to get them.

I am convinced that the EU, Macron in particular, are going to play idiots about fishing.

They know we do not have the trained people to issue Certificates, we stupidly, to save money, stopped training, decades ago.

We need to get a move on.

Train the staff, interest free loans to UK Companies to build the processing plants.

Boris is not big on detail.

As regards ownership of our Quotas, you are wrong.

We will have to buy them back.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2020, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Nope,

I want us to take back our fishing, in overall financial terms it is peanuts, it is however hugely important to some deprived areas.

80% of the fish we catch is sold to the EU, Tariff Free and Sanitary Checks free.

It is sold to the EU as fresh, a very limited sale time, frozen is worth much less.

We sell it because we do not eat it.

We are not going to suddenly start eating fried mackerel and chips, we traditionally eat cod and chips.

We do not have the processing facilities, it will take a minimum of 3 years and huge investment to get them.

I am convinced that the EU, Macron in particular, are going to play idiots about fishing.

They know we do not have the trained people to issue Certificates, we stupidly, to save money, stopped training, decades ago.

We need to get a move on.

Train the staff, interest free loans to UK Companies to build the processing plants.

Boris is not big on detail.

As regards ownership of our Quotas, you are wrong.

We will have to buy them back.

You have absolutely no idea about any of this

Your a typical remainer, getting everything wrong
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2020, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by cuphalffull ->
Why would you suppose that?
Have you read the government's report on russian intervention in UK elections?

Page 5 of 13 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top