Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2012, 08:53 PM

Re: Summer Duvets

I usually change from the winter duvet to a summer one but because the weather has been so unpredictable, I have left the winter one on.
Kitty
London
Kitty is female  Kitty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2012, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
I usually change from the winter duvet to a summer one but because the weather has been so unpredictable, I have left the winter one on.
same here, we just throw off the duvet if its to warm and grab a sheet, summer one still in a space bag.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2012, 07:15 AM

Despite yet another downpour most of last night, it was also very warm and even my summer weight duvet was too warm, so I laid on top of it and pulled the quilted bedspread over me.
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2012, 02:47 PM

A sheet for me its to hot
dollie
west sussex
dollie is female  dollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2012, 03:56 PM

ive got a summer duvet on the bed at the moment but im seriously contemplating putting the autumn one on as its flippen chilly down south...
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2012, 07:03 PM

Today I decided to buy a microfibre 3 tog summer duvet .
Can't wait to try it when it arrives. I hope it is worth the money.
I can report the new duvet has been worth the money.
I have also returned to cotton sheets and got rid of the poly cotton and I am sleeping much better .
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2012, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I can report the new duvet has been worth the money.
I have also returned to cotton sheets and got rid of the poly cotton and I am sleeping much better .
Meg, I'm pleased to hear the new duvet and sheets are a success and you are now sleeping much better now
dollie
west sussex
dollie is female  dollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2012, 07:38 AM

has anyone here got one of those mulberry silk duvets? i heard they were a lot lighter in weight and yet still keep you warm over night yet cool in the summer months..
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2012, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by dollie ->
has anyone here got one of those mulberry silk duvets? i heard they were a lot lighter in weight and yet still keep you warm over night yet cool in the summer months..
Dollie they are very expensive and more that I would wish to pay. I won't have feathers and most man made fibre ones are hollow filled so I went for a good quality microfibre in a cotton casing which is more expensive but light weight and soft like down .
dollie
west sussex

14-07-2012, 07:39 PM

ive got a feather one but im finding it too heavy to sleep under and very hard work changing the cover as its a kingsize one...perhaps i will have a look as the microfibre ones ...

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top