Join for free
Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2019, 08:57 AM

Re: My Dad

Originally Posted by Kazz ->
How is your Dad?
I m afraid he is still in hospital, his potassium levels iare still too high, he has chronic kidney disease and I m so frightened to lose him. They let me bring him home again for a few hours yesterday but had to ne back for 8,pm.

My dad is becoming increasingly depressed and I have never known him to be down like this, I fear he is going to give up, he has become so frail over a short time.

I will continue to pray to give me strength to help him through this dreadful period of our lives.

Thank you for asking, I wish it were better news.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2019, 09:08 AM

You are both in my thoughts and prayers, Lion Queen.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2019, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
You are both in my thoughts and prayers, Lion Queen.
Thank you ST, that's lovely to know. I hope you are doing ok x
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2019, 09:46 AM

Thinking of you and your Dad, LQ....
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

12-05-2019, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Thinking of you and your Dad, LQ....
Thank you Mags
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2019, 10:41 AM

Hope he's on the mend soon..

Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

12-05-2019, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Hope he's on the mend soon..

Thank you Roxy xx
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2019, 11:01 AM

Sorry to hear this LQs
Whenever you talk about him I picture that lovely video of him playing on the keyboards. He looked so happy
I hope he feels better soon
Hugs to you too
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

12-05-2019, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Sorry to hear this LQs
Whenever you talk about him I picture that lovely video of him playing on the keyboards. He looked so happy
I hope he feels better soon
Hugs to you too
Thanks Rhi i.m at the hospital now and he looks considerably better today, it's like a miracle. I.m taking him home till 8pm tonight and will m going to record him again. Xx
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

12-05-2019, 08:41 PM

************UPDATE**************

I took my Daddy home for a few hours today and we were told we would get his blood results when we got back. His potassium level was 5.5 yesterday (the best they've been) and they said he wouldn't be able to go home until they are down to at least 5.3. Tonight when I took him back to hospital I went to see the nurse and she told me he can go home tomorrow, his level has come right down to 4.8.

Ecstatic isn't the word, I'm just sooooooo relieved with this news as my Daddy has been very ill and I truly thought I was going to lose him. It feels like a miracle and I am so grateful to everyone who prayed and sent good thoughts and wishes. You have no idea how I am feeling right now, I literally could jump for joy and shout it out to the world.

I get my Daddy for a bit longer. I realise he will go into a decline as he has chronic kidney disease but for now I'm savouring every moment spent with my Daddy. I've always said my Daddy is a trouper and he truly is. As always I will be taking good care of him and I will be making sure he has a low potassium diet because I'll be doing his cooking.

Oh my, I am so happy right now I could cry, I've done enough crying through being so sad and frightened for his life this week.

Thank you to the hospital staff and the Lord for letting me keep my Daddy for longer.

Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top