Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2015, 06:32 PM

Re: Ear Wax

I have had eczema in my ears since I was 12 which is over
50 years ago. Best thing I have ever used is a thing called
OTOMIZE and it also seems to cure the wax as well.
Probably can only get it from the Docs but maybe worth
asking if you can have it for your wax.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2015, 06:41 PM

OTOMIZE ?

I'll keep an eye open for that BowieEyes.
Like you , I can get eczema. I haven't had wax in my ears for over 35 years... except a little bit now for some reason.

I had a bad ear infection 20 years ago.
I went sent up the hospital to have them vacuumed out.
What bliss!
My hearing after that was better than it had been for years.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2015, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->

I had a bad ear infection 20 years ago.
I went sent up the hospital to have them vacuumed out.
What bliss!
My hearing after that was better than it had been for years.
Last time I went to have my ears syringed the nurse said she was wasting her time as the syringeing was simply pushing the wax and compacting it. She got the doctor in and he said he would refer me to the ENT at the hospital where the vacuuming thingy they do would be more suitable.
After what you've posted I can't wait!!

Maursey maybe this would be more suitable for you?
maursey
hertfordshire
maursey is female  maursey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2015, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Last time I went to have my ears syringed the nurse said she was wasting her time as the syringeing was simply pushing the wax and compacting it. She got the doctor in and he said he would refer me to the ENT at the hospital where the vacuuming thingy they do would be more suitable.
After what you've posted I can't wait!!

Maursey maybe this would be more suitable for you?
I so agree with you Ruthio but when I mentioned it to the doctor he said it would be a long while before I got an appointment.
I had read that syringing is bad for you when I googled it. That is probably the problem. My ears aren't getting completely clear.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2015, 10:10 PM

I wonder what he means by "a long while" ?
I'd get on that waiting list asap, what have you got to lose?
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2015, 10:31 PM

R suffered from earwax all his life.
Warm olive oil was the best and gentlest stuff to soften the wax before syringing.
We were also told that olive oil with garlic was very good, although a bit. stinky.

Garlic is part of the allium family (eg onions) and good for heart, circulation etc.
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2015, 11:44 PM

How long did it take to soften before they were stringed Rachel?

That's funny you mentioned onions. I remember being told as a child that an onion held to your ear was good for ear ache, lol Stinky!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2015, 11:47 AM

That sounds very stressful CC, I do hope you get it sorted very soon. I didn’t know ears could cause so much aggravation to folks, thankfully I never had any trouble with me ears so far, although the barber does complain that they get in his way when he’s cutting me hair, pity about him I say.
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2015, 07:41 PM

Thirty years ago, I had a large "spot" in my ear. So the doctor lanced it, and told me to mix Hydrogen Peroxide in warm water. 25-75% ratio. I have been doing it ever since, and when the hearing aid man put a camera in both ear channels, a few months ago, the pictures on his laptop shewed they were clean.
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2015, 04:55 PM

I am pleased to report that my ear is now clear.

Had it syringed this afternoon. Its such a relief to be able to hear properly again. I still have ringing in the ear but I hope that will fade away.

Thank you all for your advice. I did actually buy a bottle of Earex Advance yesterday as I was totally fed up of the olive oil drops apparently doing nothing. I actually liked using it as I felt they were doing something with all the fizzing and crackling going on. It didn't immediately bring out any wax but I am sure it would have done in time, a lot quicker than the oil.

The nurse though said the oil had done its job, making syringing very easy.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top