Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2019, 06:49 PM

Re: What a lovely surprise

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Wow Mups...what a lucky girl you are! What a lovely lady to send you flowers! Such a rarity these days to find someone so thoughtful (in a business environment).

Now listen kiddo, there's a third one to come.
Tomorrow head up, shoulders back, boobs out... smile and flutter your eyelashes at every male you see .....

The third one came, Pesta.

Now this probably won't appeal to a lot of people, but I will tell you anyway.

I was at my Yoga this morning. This particular class is held in a Hindu Temple. The place fascinates me, with all the colours and sparkles and pictures round the walls. Sooooooooo different to our churches which I find to be very sombre and grey and often cold too.

Anyway, I happened to look up and there was a very old lady with her hair in a snow white bun, standing about 12 ft away. She had the kindest of faces.
She had her hands pressed together, and was praying and she was sending us all a blessing.

If you had seen this lovely old lady, who looked to be getting on for 90 I would say, you would see how utterly sincere she was with her wishes for us all.

She opened her eyes, looked directly at me, and smiled gently. I nodded and put my hands together for her too, and she beamed.

You probably think I am a right odd-ball, but if you'd have been there and felt the atmosphere, her lovely face, and her genuine love and sincerity, well it filled me up.

How many of us send blessing to strangers?
How many of us find it too easy to criticise instead?

That to me, was my third lovely happening, and it made me very happy.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2019, 06:51 PM

How lovely mups . Beautiful blessings
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2019, 06:57 PM

Wonderful story. There are some really nice people we meet in life. Absolute gems.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2019, 06:58 PM

Aww MUPS!
I'm a blubbering wreck now!

APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2019, 07:54 PM

Just so charming Mups.
x
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2019, 08:05 PM

Its been a lovely week for you Mups xx
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2019, 10:21 PM

Lovely Mups, you deserve something nice!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2019, 11:05 PM

I am ever so pleased you good folks understand.

These three things that have happened over the two days have each meant much more to me than anything extravagent might have.

I hope I will never be one of those people who only seek out the doom and gloom everyday , and fail to notice and appreciate the good things that happen too.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2019, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
The third one came, Pesta.

Now this probably won't appeal to a lot of people, but I will tell you anyway.

I was at my Yoga this morning. This particular class is held in a Hindu Temple. The place fascinates me, with all the colours and sparkles and pictures round the walls. Sooooooooo different to our churches which I find to be very sombre and grey and often cold too.

Anyway, I happened to look up and there was a very old lady with her hair in a snow white bun, standing about 12 ft away. She had the kindest of faces.
She had her hands pressed together, and was praying and she was sending us all a blessing.

If you had seen this lovely old lady, who looked to be getting on for 90 I would say, you would see how utterly sincere she was with her wishes for us all.

She opened her eyes, looked directly at me, and smiled gently. I nodded and put my hands together for her too, and she beamed.

You probably think I am a right odd-ball, but if you'd have been there and felt the atmosphere, her lovely face, and her genuine love and sincerity, well it filled me up.

How many of us send blessing to strangers?
How many of us find it too easy to criticise instead?

That to me, was my third lovely happening, and it made me very happy.
That sounds lovely Mups. I reckon we could alld do with one of those once in a while.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

02-02-2019, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
That sounds lovely Mups. I reckon we could alld do with one of those once in a while.

Yes it was lovely Dongle.
As I said, she was a very old lady, but she had the most lovely serene face ever. Bless her old heart.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top