Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2019, 10:22 AM

Re: Good Morning Monday

Well, more tablets and some Pepto solution for reflux...got nothing to lose I suppose!

Carol - Enjoy 'The Full Monty' tonight. Don't forget to close your eyes when they remove those hats!

Summer - Rather you than me with all that painting. Seems like a mammoth task!

Mags - Good luck with the boiler. Hope it can be fixed without you requiring a new one. They cost a fortune don't they?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2019, 12:37 PM

A belated good morning

I had a Doctors appointment 5 miles away, I got half way there and the road was closed so I had to turn back A sign on one road said 'road closed to heavy vehicles' but it was actually closed to all vehicles. I got to the Doctors with moments to spare. Good job they weren't checking my blood pressure today

Off to do some cleaning now. Enjoy your day.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2019, 01:14 PM

We have heating and hot water again!

The plumber traced the fault to a blocked pipe in the kitchen. For some reason it caused the water in the boiler to rise above its safety level which thus resulted in cutting everything off.

We were prepared to replace the boiler but the plumber insisted it was still in very good condition despite it being 13 years old and was determined to find the fault.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2019, 01:23 PM

Oh Mags, I am so pleased for you at last, it must be bliss.
Let's hope he's fixed it this time, and you don't need a new boiler after all.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2019, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->

The plumber traced the fault to a blocked pipe in the kitchen. For some reason it caused the water in the boiler to rise above its safety level which thus resulted in cutting everything off.

We were prepared to replace the boiler but the plumber insisted it was still in very good condition despite it being 13 years old and was determined to find the fault.
That's good news, Mags. Looks like you found a good plumber there, somebody who could have easily ripped you off with a new boiler. Genuine tradesmen are hard to come by and I'm sure you'll be using him again plus recommending him to others too
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2019, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->

That is good news Mags warm at last...
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2019, 01:53 PM

Thanks folks it seems ironical that it's quite a warm sunny day here today and the heating is on after we've had to endure the coldest spell of the year without heating

The plumber is a very nice chap, we've had him for about 6 or 7 years now. I would definitely recommend him.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top