Join for free
Page 367 of 370 « First < 267 317 357 365 366 367 368 369 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2021, 09:38 PM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Wednesday's walk took me a bit further afield and it required a drive of about three miles to the start. It follows the course of the 'New Junction Canal' and starts at Braithwaite and ends at 'Southfield Reservoir' It comes out at about eight miles, but a late start and time constraints meant that I probably wouldn't go as far as The reservoir, so it's one for the future.....

The canal is a straight line for four miles and makes an ideal run, when I'm fit enough....Today was just a walk, with a bit of jogging......couldn't resist it...

I used to run by road to Sykehouse Lock as part of my marathon training, it was a twenty mile route...
That sure looks like Swimfeeders fishing on the bank...

The lock drops about ten foot....

This is Sykehouse Road Bridge, and is as far as I go today. It's still about two miles from Southfield Reservoir, but it's back home for lunch.

This owl was on the other side of the canal, and it wasn't until I got home and studied the photo that I realised it wasn't real.......

6.75 miles covered today, but there is soup and toast waiting for me at home.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	01.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	15309   Click image for larger version

Name:	02.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	15310   Click image for larger version

Name:	03.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	15311   Click image for larger version

Name:	04.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	15312   Click image for larger version

Name:	05.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	15313  

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2021, 09:42 PM

Including photos of your exercise routines make it all the more interesting to read about, Bob

You have some beautiful routes to follow on a lovely sunny day.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2021, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
No dear, I was sitting on a wall watching. I've never been on a surf board in my life. But I may have if I'd moved there 40 years ago. Was still young and gung ho back then.
You do realise that you've just shattered an illusion Roxy....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

14-04-2021, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Including photos of your exercise routines make it all the more interesting to read about, Bob

You have some beautiful routes to follow on a lovely sunny day.
Thanks Mags, I've always taken my camera with me, but being on the forum adds an extra dimension to my adventures. It makes it worthwhile knowing that someone enjoys them....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

14-04-2021, 09:57 PM

A bit of history about the 'New Junction Canal' from Wiki...

The New Junction Canal is a canal in South Yorkshire, England. It is part of the Sheffield and South Yorkshire Navigation (S&SYN), although it was jointly funded by the Aire and Calder Navigation, and was opened in 1905. It links the River Don Navigation and the Stainforth and Keadby Canal with the Aire and Calder Navigation (Knottingley Canal). It is completely straight, and was the last canal built in England for commercial purposes.

The canal has one lock, which was sized to allow the compartment boats of the Aire and Calder to use it, but the owning company failed to raise enough money to upgrade the River Don Navigation beyond, and Long Sandall lock prevented working of such boats through to Doncaster until it was rebuilt in 1959. There is still some commercial traffic on the canal, but most use is now by leisure boaters. One notable feature is the aqueduct over the River Don which is protected by large guillotine gates, which can be lowered when the Don is in spate, to prevent the surrounding countryside from being flooded.

I'll post photos of the aqueduct mentioned next time I do the walk....It's quite spectacular...
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2021, 05:21 PM

Roxy, I've often looked at photos you have posted of that wave thinking that it looked exceptionally appealing. I am sure you enjoyed watching; it's an exhilarating sport! The hardest thing about surfing there might well be wiggling in and out of all that 3mm neoprene. Brrrrr, it looks cold!

OGF, one step on that path paralleling that canal and I would never stop - packed, level...and plenty of eye candy! Such a beautiful spot!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

15-04-2021, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Roxy, I've often looked at photos you have posted of that wave thinking that it looked exceptionally appealing. I am sure you enjoyed watching; it's an exhilarating sport! The hardest thing about surfing there might well be wiggling in and out of all that 3mm neoprene. Brrrrr, it looks cold!

OGF, one step on that path paralleling that canal and I would never stop - packed, level...and plenty of eye candy! Such a beautiful spot!
Thanks Surfermon, perfect for running.....And not an Alligator or snake in sight.....
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2021, 09:36 PM

Great stuff Foxy, I've nearly mastered the Gopro now, watch this space.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2021, 04:17 PM

I am about to lose my marbles. We have had three nonstop days of rain and despite being about to flood away, I have GOT to run. Giving until this afternoon for the weather to settle down, but if not, I am going anyway.

Alert the Coast Guard just in case .
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

16-04-2021, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Great stuff Foxy, I've nearly mastered the Gopro now, watch this space.
I look forward to your productions Spitty....

Page 367 of 370 « First < 267 317 357 365 366 367 368 369 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top