Join for free
Page 336 of 370 « First < 236 286 326 334 335 336 337 338 346 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2019, 07:38 PM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Bob – I must say that you and Surfermom are still conjuring up some beautiful images from your write-ups. They are a joy to read and hopefully in January I’ll be joining you with tales of my outdoor observations. Bob, you especially should be really proud of yourself completing a thousand miles this year. That’s an amazing feat for anyone, never mind a near-70 year old. Well done mate!
I hope Mrs. Fox’s knee is on the mend. Some light cycling will do her the world of good.

Roxy – That Pool Yoga looks interesting. I’ve never seen that before. Do many people fall in the water?
Tabby – What an array of exercises that is, it looks like my high reps routine! Great workout there

So much for me saying I was going to train every day until my next operation. I’ve just been so busy booking holidays, organising new furniture and getting in tradesmen for pricing up jobs that my feet haven’t touched the ground last week. It’s nice to finally get my pension pay-out and have some freedom to actually be able to buy new items and sort things out with the house after so long watching the pennies.

Anyway, I went to the gym this morning and did my first notable weights workout since 26th August. A series of both upper body and leg exercises designed in such a way that they would not affect my hernia wound (i.e. no pressure placed on it, so no direct abs work or standing pull work). Light-ish weights but some heavier for the arms, which haven’t suffered at all from the three-month lay-off, chest work and lats. On the legs I did the full range of exercises but no abductor/adductor anymore whereby the knees would be pushing the hips out near the operation. Ab crunches will never be done again but everything went really well today and it was a good hour+10 in the gym. I haven’t written out my routine, I’ll start that again properly in January when I add my outdoor pursuits into the equation.

I went to Sports Direct yesterday and spent some time speaking to their in-store fitness expert about running shoes and what I needed; outdoor, grass-based, comfortable, something for a ‘comeback beginner’. They had various styles of New Balance including the 860 v9 but that one was not in my size. I did however see a different size but the toe part does look rather tight and I do need a wide fitting shoe. There were different styles in NB but they were very expensive and I’m not quite ready to shell out near £100 on a shoe before I get my bearings again with running.

So after trying on various brands I have ended up with a Karrimore Tempo 5TR Trail running shoe, predominantly because I will be running (or jogging more like) on grass and on the riverbank. It’s comfortable and roomy enough at the toes without being too tight and was £50. They are black and should be easy to clean out the mud from the sole as there is plenty of space between the tread. It’s not the cost as such as explained above but I don’t want to waste my money on a high tech pair of shoes which may not be suitable. Thank you both for your info and I will upgrade to higher spec shoe if need be next year. Here’s a photo of the ones I bought:

These will come into use after Christmas. Meanwhile I now plan two final gym sessions before my other hernia operation this coming Thursday. I’ll be doing another cardio routine hopefully tomorrow, followed by a short high reps effort either Tuesday or Wednesday.

Take care all
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2019, 08:42 PM

OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2019, 09:49 PM

Meditation Ciderman?.......
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2019, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Bob – I must say that you and Surfermom are still conjuring up some beautiful images from your write-ups. They are a joy to read and hopefully in January I’ll be joining you with tales of my outdoor observations. Bob, you especially should be really proud of yourself completing a thousand miles this year. That’s an amazing feat for anyone, never mind a near-70 year old. Well done mate!
I hope Mrs. Fox’s knee is on the mend. Some light cycling will do her the world of good.

I went to Sports Direct yesterday and spent some time speaking to their in-store fitness expert about running shoes and what I needed; outdoor, grass-based, comfortable, something for a ‘comeback beginner’. They had various styles of New Balance including the 860 v9 but that one was not in my size. I did however see a different size but the toe part does look rather tight and I do need a wide fitting shoe. There were different styles in NB but they were very expensive and I’m not quite ready to shell out near £100 on a shoe before I get my bearings again with running.

So after trying on various brands I have ended up with a Karrimore Tempo 5TR Trail running shoe, predominantly because I will be running (or jogging more like) on grass and on the riverbank. It’s comfortable and roomy enough at the toes without being too tight and was £50. They are black and should be easy to clean out the mud from the sole as there is plenty of space between the tread. It’s not the cost as such as explained above but I don’t want to waste my money on a high tech pair of shoes which may not be suitable. Thank you both for your info and I will upgrade to higher spec shoe if need be next year. Here’s a photo of the ones I bought:

These will come into use after Christmas. Meanwhile I now plan two final gym sessions before my other hernia operation this coming Thursday. I’ll be doing another cardio routine hopefully tomorrow, followed by a short high reps effort either Tuesday or Wednesday.

Take care all
Thanks for you comments Floydy, much appreciated....
Good to see you back in the gym.....
And them shoes look great Floydy. Just the job.....I've had some good results with Karrimor fell running shoes....
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2019, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by Ciderman ->
Are you in the doghouse, Ciderman?......
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2019, 03:37 AM

Yes Mags and I'm exhausted at the thought of exercise.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2019, 09:49 AM

Good morning, everyone! It's the middle of the night here. Having spent the entire day cooking to celebrate Thanksgiving early, as everyone seems to be going in different directions on the actual holiday next week, I'm awake simply because too much dining has left me up and with the energy to run a marathon. However, since it's probably unwise to be running at 2:30, I've decided to pop in for some tea and an update.

Floydy, I am most pleased to see that you were able to do a workout that left you energized without working your lower abs. Putting miles on those shoes will come soon enough, and your shoes seem well-suited for cross country running. It won't be long now!

Ciderman, that is one fine looking dog! I can tell you two must be exhausted from what...three...six...hours of working out? Thank heavens you were at least able to make it back to the house before collapsing from what is was obviously a noble and grueling effort !

OGF, your current weather conditions sound a lot like the conditions here in January. I strangely love those still days during which visibility approaches zeros. Nicely done on your Sunday eight!

Other than being on my feet from nine until six, I ran nary a mile yesterday. Later it is supposed to be warm with forecast of day so I'll be on the beach in a few hours. Until then I'm padding about and waiting for the sun to rise and back to something akin to Ciderman's repose....

OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

25-11-2019, 11:42 AM

Thanks Surfermom, it wasn't supposed to be a running day today, but I decided to jog down to the surgery with my prescription. It's only a mile each way and I think I went too fast.....
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2019, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Meditation Ciderman?.......
He's just pausing after doing 500 sit-ups, Bob. Another 500 to go then the dog gets a walk
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

25-11-2019, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by floydy ->
he's just pausing after doing 500 sit-ups, bob. Another 500 to go then the dog gets a walk

Page 336 of 370 « First < 236 286 326 334 335 336 337 338 346 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top