Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2019, 04:30 PM

Re: I have been Canvassed.

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
I've just had a Brexit Party leaflet through my letterbox, and it is reasonable enough

I won't be voting Labour or LibDem, so my choice is Con or TBP
But this is a strong Labour area, and many people will not vote Con on principle.
However it voted 67% Leave so I'll vote TBP in the hope that they might get in
I wish l had that option ZD, Ive been disenfranchised where l live!
Only pamphlet lve had is lib-dem one which was a hit and run
attack!
Donkeyman!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2019, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Apparently our local Tory MP sent out leaflets saying how good it is to live in Wales, it should have said Wells!
Ooops!
Makes you wonder what other mistakes they make, Tess!
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2019, 10:32 PM

I'm fortunate to have my wall-mounted letterbox conveniently located next to my green recycling bin. I open the mailbox and the green bin lid and, after a quick glimpse of the mail contained therein, transfer from one to the other. Had a leaflet from the Greens and the Cons today, both candidates for which have been strangely silent since the last election begging for my vote. Am waiting for the Labour one to turn up so that I can burn it in effigy.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2019, 11:08 PM

Politics, is for yesterday, society has moved on, that don't mean its better.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2019, 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I had one come through the post from the 'Brexit Party' apparently it was headed by several doctors working for the NHS who promised a better local and national service. I was impressed and they have no need to worry about where my tick is going....

I couldn't really care less about any promises made by any of the parties (it's probably all borax anyway) all I want is to be out of the EU and with no deal, so whichever party will deliver that will get my vote.

There was a labour one came through the door from Rosie Winterton, I did read it and had a good laugh on my way to the bin........Yer right Rosie....
I envy you. I wish the BP had decided to stand here.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2019, 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
If that happened to me Zuleika I'd have said "How long av you got" and proceeded to unfurl my list and ask (1) Why when everyone in your constituency voted to come out of the EU why were we ignored?
Followed by:-
(2)
(3)
(4)
(5)
(6)
(7)
(8)
(9)
(10)
(11)
(12)
(13)
(14)
(15)
(16)
(17)
(18)
(19)
(20)
That's the way. Keep 'em talking for as long as possible!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2019, 09:51 AM

I enjoy being canvassed
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2019, 09:59 AM

I've had loads of Lib dem leaflets and posted letters, one from Labour and nowt from anyone else. All went to recycle bin.
I don't read any of it and not watching the News either.
The Simpsons make more sense!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2019, 10:09 AM

I had a leaflet from the Greens and I put it in my black bin.
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2019, 10:44 AM

I wonder if we could get 'The Bin' to be a political candidate because the bin seems to be getting a lot of peoples votes

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top