Join for free
Page 14 of 15 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 >
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2019, 06:55 PM

Re: USA 2020 - Itinerary

Originally Posted by Savvy ->
I can't imagine anyone wanting to go to Alcatraz. I spent most of my life doing my best to stay out of there.
Oh right. Whatever mate
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2019, 07:33 PM

The itinerary looks fantastic Floydy. I'd love to visit Alcatraz and luckily you get to leave these days.

Hoover Dam is brilliant btw and about an hour from Vegas. I'm not into these things and I really enjoyed it. Very much recommend it. I agree with LQ about Vegas being fabulous. It was total sensory overload.

I'd love to go back to NY and see ground zero and the changes. Manhattan is great but some of the true character is in places such as Brooklyn and Queens, off the beaten track but where some amazingly talented individuals grew up and were inspired. My bestest memory of NY was going to a cafe in Brooklyn for breakfast where they had the most delicious coffee and freshly baked pastries. It was not on the tourist trail, all locals. But perhaps these days it's all gentrified and lost. I wonder if they still have those funny water towers.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2019, 07:36 PM

If I were in New York again I'd love to visit the Cloisters made famous by Herman Wouk and I've also seen them as a location in recent tv / movies set in the area :

Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2019, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
The itinerary looks fantastic Floydy. I'd love to visit Alcatraz and luckily you get to leave these days.

Hoover Dam is brilliant btw and about an hour from Vegas. I'm not into these things and I really enjoyed it. Very much recommend it. I agree with LQ about Vegas being fabulous. It was total sensory overload.

I'd love to go back to NY and see ground zero and the changes. Manhattan is great but some of the true character is in places such as Brooklyn and Queens, off the beaten track but where some amazingly talented individuals grew up and were inspired. My bestest memory of NY was going to a cafe in Brooklyn for breakfast where they had the most delicious coffee and freshly baked pastries. It was not on the tourist trail, all locals. But perhaps these days it's all gentrified and lost. I wonder if they still have those funny water towers.
I reckon we'll see most of it, Annie. We have a 72-hour 'hop on/off' bus ticket so we can travel virtually anywhere I guess.
When it's nearer the time I'll be looking through this thread again and noting all of your ideas which appeal to us. Thanks
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2019, 06:26 AM

I am worn out just reading the itinerary, Floydy! One thing I spotted in there that I would really like to see - the Johnny Cash Museum - you'll have to send me a postcard of that!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

07-12-2019, 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I am worn out just reading the itinerary, Floydy! One thing I spotted in there that I would really like to see - the Johnny Cash Museum - you'll have to send me a postcard of that!
I'll make that a promise of mine, Tabby. Will do
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2020, 07:15 PM

Have you and the wife got your ESTA????
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2020, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
Have you and the wife got your ESTA????
Was just thinking that we haven't heard from you recently, Floydy. Hope all is okay.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

19-05-2020, 12:31 AM

Am I the only one who thinks about this trip sometimes? All the planning etc.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2020, 06:31 AM

It was to have been a real 'journey of a lifetime', Omah. Something Floydy and his wife had planned meticulously. He was so excited about it. I suppose C19 will have put a stopper on it - which is very sad.

Page 14 of 15 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top