Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2019, 09:21 AM

Re: New Vacuum cleaner

Hi

Wait until Black Friday, the prices come down massively.
CoffeeCake
Northamptonshire
CoffeeCake is female  CoffeeCake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2019, 11:00 AM

I am a fan of Miele products and have the larger version of the cat & doc vacuum shown here:
https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/home-a...oaAvSKEALw_wcB
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2019, 11:14 AM

[QUOTE=CoffeeCake;1805993]I am a fan of Miele products and have the larger version of the cat & doc vacuum shown here:

Thanks Coffee, but I just had a look and that looks another 'drag along.' I am after an upright this time.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2019, 11:19 AM

We also had the Miele Cat 'n' Dog which was brilliant until there was a fault with the filter popping out (a common fault apparently) although we were lucky in that it didn't happen for a good few years.

Henry is great for suction (Not quite as good as it was before the Eurotwats got their mitts on them) but it does tend to crash into door frames - it's not your driving Mups. The one I have at the moment has a ten foot hose which is good for vacuuming the stairs (just about) and an eco setting which never gets used.
Xandra
United Kingdom
Xandra is female  Xandra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2019, 05:11 PM

I had a g-tech and didn't get on with it at all. I want to buy a new one, something that's not too heavy for stairs, often difficult with uprights, but powerful too. Preferably not cordless.
Are Shark and Dyson best?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2019, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by Xandra ->
I had a g-tech and didn't get on with it at all. I want to buy a new one, something that's not too heavy for stairs, often difficult with uprights, but powerful too. Preferably not cordless.
Are Shark and Dyson best?
I love my Shark !
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2019, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
We also had the Miele Cat 'n' Dog which was brilliant until there was a fault with the filter popping out (a common fault apparently) although we were lucky in that it didn't happen for a good few years.

Henry is great for suction (Not quite as good as it was before the Eurotwats got their mitts on them) but it does tend to crash into door frames - it's not your driving Mups. The one I have at the moment has a ten foot hose which is good for vacuuming the stairs (just about) and an eco setting which never gets used.

Hah. Glad it's not only me, dongle.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

24-10-2019, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I love my Shark !

Tabby, what is all that stuff for on the top of the handle?
It looks very bulky. Does that make the handle heavy?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2019, 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Perhaps it is my steering at fault , but I'm forever running it into door frames, chairs, dog beds etc, and have to go back and yank it free. This is the reason I am thinking of changing to an Upright one.
Ah, women drivers!

You'd probably appreciate a cordless vacuum cleaner. We have a Dyson and would recommend them. Going by the many reviews I have read, Dysons are streets ahead of other types, though more expensive. You get what you pay for.

Oh, and they're really easy to steer!
Seriously, though, they are: you just tilt the handle left to turn left and right to turn right.
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2019, 09:51 AM

We had a Shark True Pet Stick as in the reply above, but both of us struggled with the weight even as light as it is due to our arthritis and also with manoeuvrability, then someone told us about Coopers and their Mini Vacuum Cleaner. I sent for one and we were amazed at its light weight and ease of manoeuvrability with its shoulder strap. We bought ours with the extra kit and its in use if not every day, then every other day. As good as the Shark was, this one from Coopers is better due to weight and it's ease of use.
https://www.coopersofstortford.co.uk...ares/st08900i/

https://www.coopersofstortford.co.uk...ares/st08901i/

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top