Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2019, 05:55 PM

Re: Kitchen Rolls

I use rather a lot of kitchen rolls.
As with most things, I find you get what you pay for.
Cheap ones are smaller sheets and not much thicker than tissues, while the better ones I find are larger, thicker, and much more absorbent.
If you look on the outside packaging it will tell you if they are 2-ply or 3-ply too.

I use them for mopping up spills, drying the dog bowls when I washed them, wiping my draining board down, wiping condensation off the windows, and even blowing my nose if the paper is nearer than the tissues. Used to be handy for puppy tiddles too!

Couldn't manage without them.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2019, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Cheap ones are smaller sheets and not much thicker than tissues, while the better ones I find are larger, thicker, and much more absorbent.
If you look on the outside packaging it will tell you if they are 2-ply or 3-ply too.

I use them for mopping up spills, drying the dog bowls when I washed them, wiping my draining board down, wiping condensation off the windows, and even blowing my nose if the paper is nearer than the tissues. Used to be handy for puppy tiddles too!

All the above.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2019, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by longdogs ->
all the above.
me too lol,lol
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2019, 12:26 AM

I also use a lot of kitchen roll, but do try not to waste it these days particularly as it's pricier than it once was. I also use it to wipe the dregs of pet food from bowls. Or to clean mirrors and windows, wipe dry the cooker hob. Also to prepare salad rather than using a chopping board that you have to wash up (which is worse?).

I'm really hygiene conscious so having wet rags always makes me think that they are spreading more germs around. I did try to find out about how clean kitchen rolls were but the internet draws a blank on how they are made etc.

I will be checking out Meg's tip about Waitrose. I think Meg also suggested using their wonderful value loo roll.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2019, 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->

I use Plenty ,thick and strong ,wouldn’t like to be without them either .
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2019, 01:01 AM

I too went to Waitrose, as I saw good reviews about these ones. They were also on offer @ £1. 26, so I stacked up a few.

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2019, 10:11 AM

We use kitchen rolls for all sorts of jobs these days but I reckon that 'One sheet' is pushing it a bit.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top