Join for free
Page 6 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2019, 10:17 PM

Re: The war of the Worlds

Originally Posted by Omah ->
With all those mentions, I thought I'd tale a look at those horse scenes on iPlayer - they are, indeed, full of "inconsistencies" - the first one to strike me was when "she" clambered on to the back of the horse behind "him" - one minute she was below him, the next making herself comfortable, as though someone or something had given her a hand .....

As for that "galloping" scene, that was straight out of 1950's swashbuckers .....
The horse was a good one though.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2019, 07:45 AM

I won't be watching the rest of it.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2019, 09:03 AM

Well that was a waste of Sunday evenings, wasn’t it?!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2019, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Well that was a waste of Sunday evenings, wasn’t it?!

I agree Jazzi...I was looking forward to it too....oh well ...shame.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2019, 11:34 AM

Very disappointing! They could have made a fantastic production.
Perhaps they've overspent on His Dark Materials and wages on HIGNFY!
I felt sorry for Demelza (sorry forgot her name) she was wasted in that!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2019, 03:41 PM

The War of the Worlds. BBC.
Well, I have to say that the BBC (to whom we pay so much) have really excelled themselves this time. It is so slow and boring.
We're just watching the third episode, 15 minutes to the end, if nothing else just to see how it finishes (I know how the original finishes).
I can't wait for the final 15 minutes to finish.

Conclusion: a film to fall asleep to. Really, I'm nodding off right now.

Done at last. No proper ending: just a woman looking up into the sky. Are the monsters dead? Is the world destroyed?

What an absolute waste of time... and our money.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2019, 04:34 PM

I'm so glad that I never even started watching it .....
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2019, 05:38 PM

I was so disappointed with this series. With modern CGI and some decent scriptwriting (rather than the usual leftist dross that Auntie prefers these days), WOTW COULD have been a really good watch. As it was, it left me wondering how fast Herbert was spinning in his grave.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2019, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
I was so disappointed with this series. With modern CGI and some decent scriptwriting (rather than the usual leftist dross that Auntie prefers these days), WOTW COULD have been a really good watch. As it was, it left me wondering how fast Herbert was spinning in his grave.
It was just so dreadfully slow. I wonder whether the BBC tried to pad it out in order to fill three episodes instead of two... or even one.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2019, 07:59 PM

It wasn't the WotW at all, it was some kind of love story, the Martians just being a backdrop to the story. Crap. I stopped watching it halfway through the final episode - I couldn't take it any more.

The Beeb have some more classics lined up for Christmas - wonder if they'll manage to balls them up with their politically correct social message?
Will Lucy in Dracula be transgender, will Bob Cratchit be in a same-sex civil partnership, and one of the ghosts be from a black or ethnic minority?

Wouldn't surprise me. Watch this space.

Page 6 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top