Join for free
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2019, 01:58 PM

The job search begins here

I've just applied for a new job. The first time I've done this since leaving the RAF almost 20 years ago.
At the moment I can't go anywhere until my debts are settled in October, but it's a start and will give me some interview experience if I get a few CVs sent off.
Today is the first day of my new life I guess!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2019, 02:01 PM

Re: The job search begins here

Well done for applying - and good luck with any interviews!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2019, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I've just applied for a new job. The first time I've done this since leaving the RAF almost 20 years ago.
At the moment I can't go anywhere until my debts are settled in October, but it's a start and will give me some interview experience if I get a few CVs sent off.
Hi

Go for it Floydy.

I can't give you a job, I am now retired.

You are exactly what we needed.

I can however pull strings, so if it is a Government Job, I will help as much as possible.

Regards

Swimmy.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2019, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Well done for applying - and good luck with any interviews!
And this is the main reason why I am being rather cryptic at the moment Tabby. I will soon need to pour myself fully into applying for work and because of my lack of time I will have to sacrifice posting on here. I don't want to be distracted.

Thank you. It's very early days but we'll see what turns up. I won't rush into anything
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

27-07-2019, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Go for it Floydy.

I can't give you a job, I am now retired.

You are exactly what we needed.

I can however pull strings, so if it is a Government Job, I will help as much as possible.

Regards

Swimmy.
Thanks Swimmy.
I would consider a government-based job if it was local and they would train me up for it. I don't want to be a town crier though
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2019, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Fantastic!There's nothing like a new start in life. It will be good to get some interview experience, I'm sure they are a bit different to how they were twenty years ago, so it will give you time to learn all the lingo they love to hear.

All the best mate, you deserve it.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

27-07-2019, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Fantastic!There's nothing like a new start in life. It will be good to get some interview experience, I'm sure they are a bit different to how they were twenty years ago, so it will give you time to learn all the lingo they love to hear.

All the best mate, you deserve it.
Cheers pal
I feel quite excited about it actually. I'm already in work so I have nothing to lose, so I can take my time. I'm happier already.
It's just great knowing that there is now a light at the end of the tunnel at last - gee it's soon come around!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

27-07-2019, 02:18 PM

This first one I've applied for is only 5 minutes away from my house, opposite my gym actually so that would be great.
I know nothing else yet. The wage, hours, nothing. But it doesn't matter. It's a start.
I'm taking a week off work after next week to send as many CVs off as I can. I'll note all the big companies in my town and contact all of them. What's to lose? I don't even need stamps!
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2019, 02:18 PM

Best of British to you cobber!..
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2019, 02:20 PM

Best of luck Floydy. It's a pity we cannot get paid for job applications, there is so much effort put in. Hopefully you will have a chance to pop in and let us know how things are going.

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top