Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2020, 10:55 PM

Re: Was Your Monday Blue, Yesterday?

"The concept was first publicised as part of a 2005 press release from holiday company Sky Travel, which claimed to have calculated the date using an equation."

I think that put's it into perspective.

Good wishes for a quick recovery for Mrs Fox.
(There will be less for her to clear up.)
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2020, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Psmith ->
"The concept was first publicised as part of a 2005 press release from holiday company Sky Travel, which claimed to have calculated the date using an equation."

I think that put's it into perspective.

Good wishes for a quick recovery for Mrs Fox.
(There will be less for her to clear up.)
Thanks Mr Smith....

I think most of these things (Blue Monday, Black Friday etc) always start from advertising campaigns. Even my favourite cartoon (Popeye) started from a campaign to entice kids to eat more spinach.....Eg Eg Eg Eg Eg...
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2020, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Thanks Mr Smith....

I think most of these things (Blue Monday, Black Friday etc) always start from advertising campaigns. Even my favourite cartoon (Popeye) started from a campaign to entice kids to eat more spinach.....Eg Eg Eg Eg Eg...
Just shows doesn't it – the power of advertising!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2020, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Thanks Mr Smith....

I eat tons of spinach, I love the stuff, but I don't like the canned stuff like Popeye, just the fresh. It's a fallicy it makes yer muscles swell, I keep eating it to put muscles on me chest coz I don't like my deflated balloons and it don;t work!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2020, 11:28 AM

sorry for going off topic...........carry on
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2020, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Just shows doesn't it – the power of advertising!
Absolutely Baz, subtle messages that shape society....Without our knowledge....

Have you ever noticed how news readers and the media are worshipped as the ultimate truth....Depending on which outlet you follow..
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

22-01-2020, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I eat tons of spinach, I love the stuff, but I don't like the canned stuff like Popeye, just the fresh. It's a fallicy it makes yer muscles swell, I keep eating it to put muscles on me chest coz I don't like my deflated balloons and it don;t work!
Vitamins, minerals and with a good dose of Iron Lion Queen Spinach gives you muscles that don't show....
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2020, 12:29 PM

I think it must’ve been Blue Monday, when my mother traipsed the town looking for a tin of spinach for my brother.
He had seen Popeye eat the tin of spinach on television and wanted his muscles to grow big.
She eventually, found a tin of it in Woolworths but what a waste of money.
My brother said it was horrible and wouldn’t eat it!
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2020, 01:06 PM

I love Spinach and eat fresh Spinach every day.

However I do not look like Olive Oil, Popeye's Girl friend.

shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2020, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I don't notice Monday's, being retired every day is the same. In fact I often don't know what day it is.
:-

Know exactly what you mean Tiffany! Long gone are those days when I looked forward to Friday and the weekend was here. Now instead of asking each other what the date is, it's what day is it? each one blends into the next. The only time I really know what day it is is a Sunday when 'The Midwives' are on telly.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top