Join for free
Page 5 of 505 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 > Last »
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2020, 04:46 PM

Re: Chinese Coronavirus

Afternoon May, I was just about to put a correction to my post after watching the News. I see now it is ''suspected'' Coronavirus, but it still doesn't sound good as they have all just returned from Wuhan City.

Very worrying for you, and us!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2020, 04:54 PM

Mind you, I won't be putting cotton wool around all the doors and windows unless hundreds and then thousands are affected. Gulp! I hope Art and Realspeed are right and there's nothing to worry about. I never used to worry about such things as this until diagnosed with COPD. I do everything that is asked of me to control it, but they didn't mention contagion!
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2020, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Afternoon May, I was just about to put a correction to my post after watching the News. I see now it is ''suspected'' Coronavirus, but it still doesn't sound good as they have all just returned from Wuhan City.

Very worrying for you, and us!
Aye SG,it is...it says the 4 People landed at a London airport before flying on to Scotland...We all know these viruses affect the very young & the elderly more severely,also Folks with breathing prob's...all We can do is hope it can be contained.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

23-01-2020, 05:13 PM

Amen to that May x
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

23-01-2020, 06:51 PM

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/worl...1222034/page/3

A bit more information regarding the Coronavirus outbreak.
Unfortunately, it looks as though another suspected case in Northern Ireland of someone just returned from Wuhan.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2020, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I agree with Mrs. dOOd.
It is really not worth the risk IMO.
Get your photo's another year dOOdy.
You're right.

I'll stay at home and take a selfie.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2020, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Use the telephoto lens dOOd!
Donkeyman!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2020, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Mind you, I won't be putting cotton wool around all the doors and windows unless hundreds and then thousands are affected. Gulp! I hope Art and Realspeed are right and there's nothing to worry about. I never used to worry about such things as this until diagnosed with COPD. I do everything that is asked of me to control it, but they didn't mention contagion!

same here SG, I have COPD and I had a bout of pneumonia 2 years ago and I'm paranoid about germs now. I think I might invest in a surgical mask although not convinced they will help. It is all rather frightening as it seems every now and again serious illness comes to kill loads of people off.

Keep safe all, wash your hands regular and keep hands away from mouth.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2020, 09:46 PM

While I'm not particularly worried about the virus reaching me, I do worry that, as the world becomes inundated with travellers (on Friday 29 June 2018 Swedish flight monitoring service FlightRadar24 tracked 202,157 aircraft with 19,000 flights in the air at the same time during a peak period*), the transmission of any virus is fast, wide and unstoppable.

* https://www.independent.co.uk/travel...-a8428451.html

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-51048366

Could the virus mutate?

Yes, you would expect viruses to mutate and evolve all the time. But what this means is harder to tell.

The novel coronavirus has jumped from one species to another. It could mutate to become easier to spread from one person to another or to have more severe symptoms.

This is something scientists will be watching closely.

How can the virus be stopped?

There is no vaccine, so the only way of stopping the virus spreading is to diagnose people early and treat them in isolation.

Tracing and monitoring people who have come into contact with patients can help prevent further spread.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2020, 08:13 PM

This will keep you on your toes..
Personally since I stopped having the flu jab in 2012 I pumped up my immune system and have not had an infection since.
So I reckon I will be okay although my GP does not think so.

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/coronaviru...071900200.html

Page 5 of 505 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top