Join for free
Page 2 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2019, 02:24 PM

Re: The job search begins here

Nice one floydy, hope it all goes well, as you say it’s all experience, once you know you’re getting out of a crappy job, it makes things look brighter, good luck mate.....
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2019, 02:33 PM

Hi

Life is difficult, no Government Jobs in Hull, at least on my side of things.

A Government Job in Hornsea, for someone with your history and experience, easy peasy.

You would still be on shifts, but not Permanent Nights.

You are no Idiot, it is not far from Skirlington Market.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2019, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Best of British to you cobber!..
Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Best of luck Floydy. It's a pity we cannot get paid for job applications, there is so much effort put in. Hopefully you will have a chance to pop in and let us know how things are going.
Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Nice one floydy, hope it all goes well, as you say it’s all experience, once you know you’re getting out of a crappy job, it makes things look brighter, good luck mate.....
Thanks all.
Gotta go now though. Off to see Jaws at the flicks
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2019, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Life is difficult, no Government Jobs in Hull, at least on my side of things.

A Government Job in Hornsea, for someone with your history and experience, easy peasy.

You would still be on shifts, but not Permanent Nights.

You are no Idiot, it is not far from Skirlington Market.
Oh well never mind mate.
No more shifts for me, although I would consider permanent 6-2. That would be okay.
Skirlington Market is great btw
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2019, 02:38 PM

Good luck Floydy with the job search, that light at the end of the tunnel should now be getting larger!

I've no idea what type of employment you are after but just a suggestion, in view of your keeping yourself into fitness, how about applying to head offices of all the fitness companies there are around these days?

A hobby as a full-time job, there often can be nothing better!

Just one note of caution though, if I may. I retired three years' ago but was out of work for two years in the early 1990s, there was a depression on and jobs were scarce, even for tradesmen. Applications for job after job went unanswered and that was very difficult so if that happen just ignore and continue, you will get there. In the end for me, I just could not get work and had a mortgage and other payments to make each month, so started on my own as self-employed and never looked back. There is always a way, just never give up!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2019, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Cheers pal
I feel quite excited about it actually. I'm already in work so I have nothing to lose, so I can take my time. I'm happier already.
It's just great knowing that there is now a light at the end of the tunnel at last - gee it's soon come around!
That's the spirit! Best of luck Floydy!
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2019, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I've just applied for a new job. The first time I've done this since leaving the RAF almost 20 years ago.
At the moment I can't go anywhere until my debts are settled in October, but it's a start and will give me some interview experience if I get a few CVs sent off.
Today is the first day of my new life I guess!

The first day of the rest of your life ... Yeeha
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2019, 04:11 PM

Good for you Floydy, I wish you every success. Go for it!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

28-07-2019, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Good for you Floydy, I wish you every success. Go for it!
Originally Posted by d00d ->
The first day of the rest of your life ... Yeeha
Originally Posted by TessA ->
That's the spirit! Best of luck Floydy!
Thanks folks. Means a lot

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Good luck Floydy with the job search, that light at the end of the tunnel should now be getting larger!
I've no idea what type of employment you are after but just a suggestion, in view of your keeping yourself into fitness, how about applying to head offices of all the fitness companies there are around these days?
A hobby as a full-time job, there often can be nothing better!

Just one note of caution though, if I may. I retired three years' ago but was out of work for two years in the early 1990s, there was a depression on and jobs were scarce, even for tradesmen. Applications for job after job went unanswered and that was very difficult so if that happen just ignore and continue, you will get there. In the end for me, I just could not get work and had a mortgage and other payments to make each month, so started on my own as self-employed and never looked back. There is always a way, just never give up!
Hi Baz, sorry I'm late with this. The pwers that be made it impossible for me to post for a while.

Yes, it would be nice to to something along the lines of fitness etc but I'm too old for being a personal trainer these days. Besides, they don't pay too well and I'd rather keep that as a hobby, as you say

I do understand about the job situation being rather scarce these days, indeed as you mention it was for you.
The difference is though mate that you ended up out of work unfortunately whereas I won't leave my current job until the right employment comes along. I won't be rushing into anything that comes up. Though I'll obviously lose my night shift pay I do have a wage figure in my head that I will stick to. I'll not take anything until I find something approaching that wage without the night pay, although I do have the nice facility of being free from a lot of debt that will offset that fairly well. I'll simply stay where I am until I get the right job.
Thanks bud for your advice though
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2019, 10:19 PM

Lots to consider Floydy, but it ain't as complex as it seems, depends on your expectation.

Page 2 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top