Join for free
Page 4 of 15 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2019, 12:06 AM

Re: The job search begins here

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Good luck in your job search. RAFA might be able to help.
Good idea, Cinderella. Thanks. I'll look at their website later

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Fair play Floydy, I just think, you have to carry on as long as you can.
Will do mate. If not, I'll make sure I have plenty of hobbies in my old age

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
All the best floydy, I wish you the best of luck in finding your future job. Keep positive. I.ll keep you in my prayers xx
Very kind of you, Lion Queen. Much appreciated
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2019, 05:04 AM

You are well qualified to be a personal bodyguard.
No one in politics obviously but some one in music.Think of all the back stage shenanigans you would be invited to
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2019, 08:02 AM

I want to wish you good luck tool Floydy but I'm a bit confused.

Not long ago I remember you saying you were going to look for a job within your own company as you didn't want to burn all your bridges.

Isn't that an option now?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2019, 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by Psmith ->
You are well qualified to be a personal bodyguard.
No one in politics obviously but some one in music.Think of all the back stage shenanigans you would be invited to
Not really my thing to be fair mate, but yes, it would probably suit me. I need to be closer to home from now on, so if I was single I'd have probably gone for it.

Originally Posted by carol ->
I want to wish you good luck tool Floydy but I'm a bit confused.

Not long ago I remember you saying you were going to look for a job within your own company as you didn't want to burn all your bridges.

Isn't that an option now?
No Carol, because there just isn't the post I'm after during the daytime working hours. I don't want to be completely office-based and I really do need a complete change from surroundings. I will have a chat with them sometime before I leave to talk about any options but I really do need to get out of there.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

02-08-2019, 12:23 AM

Well I've been very busy yesterday. I logged on to eight job sites and entered my details with CVs. I've also applied for four jobs already. We'll see if anything turns up. It's all very exciting.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2019, 02:44 AM

And do the lottery.You might not need a job.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

03-08-2019, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by Psmith ->
And do the lottery.You might not need a job.
Already do it mate but three numbers every three months doesn't maketh a millionaire. Even in Hull.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2019, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Already do it mate but three numbers every three months doesn't maketh a millionaire. Even in Hull.
How about starting a syndicate with your work colleagues instead, they often win as the odds are better? The massive £millions might not be any eventual win but one or two of those, even the odd few hundred £thousand would probably be a help. In the event it would not be enough just send it to me, will give you contact address by PM!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

03-08-2019, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
How about starting a syndicate with your work colleagues instead, they often win as the odds are better? The massive £millions might not be any eventual win but one or two of those, even the odd few hundred £thousand would probably be a help. In the event it would not be enough just send it to me, will give you contact address by PM!
Lol! We already do a work sydicate, Baz. We end up with about £30 a year each.
No, my preferred and more sensible method is still to find another job I think
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2019, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Lol! We already do a work sydicate, Baz. We end up with about £30 a year each.
No, my preferred and more sensible method is still to find another job I think
That's more than I ever won when I did the Lottery. You have far more of a chance than I have of winning though – I don't do it at all nowadays!

Ah well, never mind, that suggestion was worth a try! It will be back to the job search for you then, good luck!

Page 4 of 15 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top