Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2020, 12:09 PM

Was Your Monday Blue, Yesterday?

Do you believe in Blue Monday?

Definition..... Blue Monday is a name given to a day in January (typically the third Monday of the month) claimed to be the most depressing day of the year. The concept was first publicised as part of a 2005 press release from holiday company Sky Travel, which claimed to have calculated the date using an equation.

I must say, l was very tired yesterday after a hectic, full day. I don’t think l was feeling ‘blue’ but l wasn’t my usual upbeat, happy self and l went to bed quite early.
So it makes me wonder if there is some truth in ‘Blue Monday’?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2020, 12:14 PM

Re: Was Your Monday Blue, Yesterday?

Can't say I noticed it Art, in fact, I was sunning myself by the sea drinking nice coffee so it was all very pleasant. I did fall asleep on the sofa later on though but I put that down to the film I was watching.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2020, 12:20 PM

It was happy Monday for Mrs Fox Arty, she was discharged from hospital and I brought her home....
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2020, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Do you believe in Blue Monday?

Definition..... Blue Monday is a name given to a day in January (typically the third Monday of the month) claimed to be the most depressing day of the year. The concept was first publicised as part of a 2005 press release from holiday company Sky Travel, which claimed to have calculated the date using an equation.

I must say, l was very tired yesterday after a hectic, full day. I don’t think l was feeling ‘blue’ but l wasn’t my usual upbeat, happy self and l went to bed quite early.
So it makes me wonder if there is some truth in ‘Blue Monday’?
No Blue Monday here Artangel, just a cold one so perhaps a few 'blue' areas in that way!

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
It was happy Monday for Mrs Fox Arty, she was discharged from hospital and I brought her home....
That was good news OGF, I hope Mrs Fox makes a full and speedy recovery.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2020, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Can't say I noticed it Art, in fact, I was sunning myself by the sea drinking nice coffee so it was all very pleasant. I did fall asleep on the sofa later on though but I put that down to the film I was watching.
Longy, Sunning yourself by the sea? I have a feeling you’re not joking there. Or are you?

I was relating my day to my daughter who rings me every day.
I told her l had met a friend at a coffee shop who told me one of our friend’s wife had fallen asleep in the chair on Friday night. When he got up in the morning, she was still ‘asleep’ in the chair. He felt her hands and they were stone cold. He called a neighbour who was a nurse and she confirmed she was dead. She was only 74.

Then an ex boyfriend of mine came into the coffee shop. I waved at him and he came over to chat. He said, he was getting married in April.
I said, ‘You must be mad, this will be your fourth wedding!’
He said, ‘The consultant at the hospital told me my kidneys are failing and l don’t have long to live’.
He said, he’d met a woman twenty years his junior and they decided to get married!

At the end of the conversation, my daughter said, ‘You know what day it is?’
I said, ‘No’.
‘Blue Monday’, she replied!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2020, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Longy, Sunning yourself by the sea? I have a feeling you’re not joking there. Or are you?

I was relating my day to my daughter who rings me every day.
I told her l had met a friend at a coffee shop who told me one of our friend’s wife had fallen asleep in the chair on Friday night. When he got up in the morning, she was still ‘asleep’ in the chair. He felt her hands and they were stone cold. He called a neighbour who was a nurse and she confirmed she was dead. She was only 74.

Then an ex boyfriend of mine came into the coffee shop. I waved at him and he came over to chat. He said, he was getting married in April.
I said, ‘You must be mad, this will be your fourth wedding!’
He said, ‘The consultant at the hospital told me my kidneys are failing and l don’t have long to live.
He said, ‘He’d met a a woman twenty years his junior and they decided to get married!

At the end of the conversation, my daughter said, ‘You know what day it is?’
I said, ‘No’.
‘Blue Monday’, she replied!
Blimey Arty, that's sad......
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

21-01-2020, 12:42 PM

Foxy, That’s wonderful news for you both. I am so pleased for you.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

21-01-2020, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
No Blue Monday here Artangel, just a cold one so perhaps a few 'blue' areas in that way!

That was good news OGF, I hope Mrs Fox makes a full and speedy recovery.
Baz, l’m pleased you weren’t ‘blue’.
I think you need to strap a hot water bottle to you, to warm yourself up!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

21-01-2020, 12:46 PM

Blimey Arty, that's sad......
Foxy, It’s just.... life doesn’t seem fair sometimes.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2020, 12:50 PM

No way. Monday was a very happy one for us. Our son was accepted into University to do his second degree. He's doing linguistics. We even had a cake.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top