Join for free
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2019, 10:23 AM

What a day!

Yesterday I hosted a Crafty Day. In theory a fun day to meet, have a natter, make Christmas cards - in practice - think WW3 !

Two out of four of my Die Cutting machines lost all sense of occasion and flatly refused to work properly.

Two of the attendees fell out - big time - and didn't speak to each other again for the whole day. Now there have been other times when things have gone wrong - but I have never had guests fall out before. Don't know what it was about as I was in the kitchen at the time - just heard raised voices - then an ominous silence - wanted to tell them both to go sit on the naughty step!

Someone sat on a cat and was disgruntled because I attended to him before dealing with her scratches. Poor cat just loves people, loves crafty stuff and wants to join in and help with whatever we are doing. T stood up to reach across the table for something - he jumped onto her chair - she sat down again and he was squashed. Not sure which of them shrieked the loudest! Neither suffered any lasting damage.

They had ordered Spiced Parsnip soup for lunch - which I duly made along with wholemeal rolls. One said it was too spicy, two said not spicy enough, and someone asked for plain white bread - which I had not made because I didn't think we would need it.

I was really glad when husbands/partners arrived to take them all home - and I could escape to a neighbour's house for a large - very large - glass of red wine.

Now - I have a sink full of washing up and a Sitting Room that looks like a bomb site.

Hey Ho - the next one is scheduled for April - so I have plenty of time to recover!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2019, 10:38 AM

Re: What a day!

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Yesterday I hosted a Crafty Day. In theory a fun day to meet, have a natter, make Christmas cards - in practice - think WW3 !

Two out of four of my Die Cutting machines lost all sense of occasion and flatly refused to work properly.

Two of the attendees fell out - big time - and didn't speak to each other again for the whole day. Now there have been other times when things have gone wrong - but I have never had guests fall out before. Don't know what it was about as I was in the kitchen at the time - just heard raised voices - then an ominous silence - wanted to tell them both to go sit on the naughty step!

Someone sat on a cat and was disgruntled because I attended to him before dealing with her scratches. Poor cat just loves people, loves crafty stuff and wants to join in and help with whatever we are doing. T stood up to reach across the table for something - he jumped onto her chair - she sat down again and he was squashed. Not sure which of them shrieked the loudest! Neither suffered any lasting damage.

They had ordered Spiced Parsnip soup for lunch - which I duly made along with wholemeal rolls. One said it was too spicy, two said not spicy enough, and someone asked for plain white bread - which I had not made because I didn't think we would need it.

I was really glad when husbands/partners arrived to take them all home - and I could escape to a neighbour's house for a large - very large - glass of red wine.

Now - I have a sink full of washing up and a Sitting Room that looks like a bomb site.

Hey Ho - the next one is scheduled for April - so I have plenty of time to recover!
Oh dear Tabs, poor you and poor cat!
I used to host porcelain doll making seminars for rich ladies, they were awful, only a couple would do what you told them and some even asked me to make the clothes as they couldn't be bothered. Luckily my boss would make the food most of the time so I didn't take the blame.

I avoid groups of women as much as possible these days 😏
I liked the primary school craft sessions I helped with, they were much better behaved.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2019, 03:54 PM

Tabs, you have the patients & resilience of a Saint. No way could I do that.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2019, 04:02 PM

Oh dear Tabs, I bet you were glad when the day was over .... I hope it didn't give you a headache.

I trust they all thanked you for a lovely day and your hospitality when they left?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2019, 04:05 PM

The joys of entertaining people. I tend to avoid them.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2019, 06:42 PM

Strangely enough - I have had emails from them saying how much they enjoyed the day! It did have it's funny moments and we did make a lot of cards between us all.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top