Join for free
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2019, 11:10 PM

A lazy eye

As a child was tested for this and forced to have glasses blanking off my good eye to make the other stronger

Did not work and still have limited vision in my right eye.

If I look at something and close my left eye only looking through my right eye open again I get bluured double vision.

After all this 50 years later talking to my 30 year old daughter it seems she has the same affliction

Do wonder how many have this?

One good eye and blind in the other
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2019, 11:17 PM

Re: A lazy eye

Originally Posted by galty ->
As a child was tested for this and forced to have glasses blanking off my good eye to make the other stronger

If I look at something and close my left eye only looking through my right eye open again I get bluured double vision.

After all this 50 years later talking to my 30 year old daughter it seems she has the same affliction

A cataract? I've had both eyes done.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2019, 11:49 PM

Yes I am a member of this club. I have excellent vision in my left eye but as for seeing any further than a few feet, my right eye is useless. Luckily I am allowed to drive because glasses can correct it to a degree acceptable to the DMT.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2019, 11:51 PM

I remember as a Kid you used to see it quite a bit, kids with a patch over their glasses but you don't see it very much these days.
Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2019, 12:13 PM

It's still done. But after a certain age and development it's pretty much a waste of time.

ETA
Its surprising how many parents don't consider the children's eyesight.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2019, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Tregonsee ->
It's still done. But after a certain age and development it's pretty much a waste of time.

ETA
Its surprising how many parents don't consider the children's eyesight.
I did not think of it at the time and was truly shocked when I found out my daughter had the same affliction as me.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2019, 04:07 PM

My granddaughter J had a lazy eye as a little kiddie and she had the operation to move it back to the middle . Now she is 14 she has one eye with good vision and the other eye is very short sighted . She does have glasses to correct it but seems to manage not wearing them . She does get headaches bless her heart .
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2019, 10:17 PM

My nephew had a lazy eye, he trained it to do push - ups its ok now.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex

19-12-2019, 02:31 AM

I go for an eye test every year ITS free.

Last one I told the nice Indian women testing me that I had a Lazy eye.

She said so have I and so had my father.

Do wonder how wide spread is this
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2019, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by galty ->

I have exactly the same problem. I remember as a child doing tests where I had to try and get some cartoon character to move using some sort of binocular thing. I also wore a plaster over my lazy eye - nothing worked and, like you, my vision in that eye is rubbish and the eye wanders to the middle when I'm tired..

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top