Join for free
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2020, 07:40 PM

Talking Pictures TV Tonight 4/1/20 - Lady Godiva Rides Again (1952)

19:40-21:40 90 minutes

It may well be a terrible movie but look who's in it:

Diana Dors, George Cole, Stanley Holloway, Dennis Price, Eddie Byrne, Kay Kendall, Dora Bryan, Richard Wattis, Alastair Sim, Googie Withers, Trevor Howard, Joan Collins, Jean Marsh, Dana Wynter, Anne Heywood and Ruth Ellis (yes, the last woman to be executed in England, who was four months pregnant).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lady_Godiva_Rides_Again

Those are just the ones I know and most appear uncredited as they are making early film appearances.

Audrey Hepburn tested for the title role but was judged too thin and turned away.

One of nearly 40 films by Frank Launder and Sidney Gilliat, including, of course, The Happiest Days of Your Life and the St. Trinian's series.

As well as spotting actors, I shall be spotting cars, too .....
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2020, 09:50 PM

Re: Talking Pictures TV Tonight 4/1/20 - Lady Godiva Rides Again (1952)

Certainly a stellar cast - all good actors apart from Diana Dors and Joan Collins. I knew Ruth Ellis was a model and a 'hostess' (?) in a night club - did not know she appeared in films.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2020, 10:44 PM

Re: Talking Pictures TV Tonight 4/1/20 - Lady Godiva Rides Again (1952)

I have to laugh at this thread because I was watching it and only just switched over because it was so bad. I was surprised to see a very young Sid James. But the film was just a bit too dire to watch to the end.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top