Join for free
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2020, 07:43 PM

Absolutely brilliant ,incredibly realistic intensely moving .
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2020, 08:22 PM

Re: 1917

Yes have to agree. We went to see it the other night and were totally stunned. Superlatives aside - and there are many - Simply one of the best films ever. My grandfather was killed at the Battle of Polygon Wood in 1917. He was 27. He is buried in Belgium. I've seen his grave. I have no problem admitting I was in tears for half of the film.
Westender
Sussex, UK
Westender is male  Westender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2020, 04:30 PM

I took my son to see this film, I'd read some of the reviews in the press and frankly kept an open mind.
I can't say that it was one of the most emotional war films that I'd ever seen but it was very impressive.

It was production that kept us both utterly transfixed from beginning to end, no slack moments whatsoever!

Having just had a quick Google I see that the release date for the DVD in the UK is May 18th.
marciniak
wales uk
marciniak is male  marciniak has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2020, 10:18 PM

I must admit, I heard and read good reviews about this film, so was eager to see it.

I must admit I was a bit disappointed.... it was a good film, maybe with the hype I was expecting something more.

I think the film being shot (effect) in one take, was clever, but the film for me might have benefited, with some of the film shot
with more takes.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top