Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
suey
Shropshire
suey is female  suey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2011, 10:19 PM

Re: Walking your dog?

No my husband wouldn't allow anyone to take Lexi out not even the daughter...She did get lost once when she was a youngster she was out with the daughter and chased a cat got out of sight the daughter was in a right state when she got home and we all set off in different ways luckily she was found quickly as she had chased the cat into a garden then couldn't find her way out when we arrived she was happily playing with a little girl and seemed not to have a care in the world...Just a tip we didn't put the mobile number on her tag the finder was phoning us but we were out looking for Lexi, she luckily heard us calling her name..
Mobile number has been added to tag....
dragon
florida, usa
dragon is female  dragon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2011, 02:57 PM

Depends who the person is. I have to know them real well first. Usually my corgi does her own thing but leash trained as well.
Caroann
UK
Caroann is female  Caroann has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2011, 09:04 PM

Afraid our Clemmy would not go out with anyone else,she is so frightened of strangers/people she was a rescue dog,we have only had her for the last eight months,so she needs a lot of time and patience with us first,even then after she has given us her trust I don't think she would trust others.Clemmy is an Anatolian Sheperd..Origin,Turkey..but she was born in England.
jj'sgirl
Kent UK
jj'sgirl is female  jj'sgirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2011, 10:22 PM

The only people who walks our Herbie is JJ myself and my son..

Not sure if I would let anyone else he probably wouldn't go without one of us but that is just probably what I would like to think he would probably go like a shot..
Bridie
northants
Bridie is female  Bridie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2011, 05:57 PM

My daughter walks mine sometimes but I would never trust anyone else. they are too precious.
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2011, 08:04 PM

No-one walks Daisy but me. I learned the hard way that she plays up if someone else is in charge of her - she nearly bit someone.
Shamus yes- if I trusted the person. Two of my friends walk him. He walks beautifully on lead and has good recall.
Raz and Bran don`t go out much (they both have health problems).
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2011, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by suey ->
.Just a tip we didn't put the mobile number on her tag the finder was phoning us but we were out looking for Lexi,
Not a lot of point in us doing that, hardly anyone around here has a mobile and even those that do have one are too mean to use it just to report a lost dog

Most of the peasant farmers around here just open their gate at night and let the dog roam around 'till morning.
CritterMum
West Mifflin, United States
CritterMum is female  CritterMum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2011, 11:45 AM

I am the only one that walks Dutchess.
Rum
New Member!
Cumbria
Rum is male 

13-03-2011, 09:50 AM

I am semi-retired and shortly will be full time retired. Walking the pooches (two border terriers) gives me a 'shape' to the day and I like that. Living in North Cumbria we have lots of wild places to go out to for walking as well and once or twice a week we go off to the fells or the coast, (much under-appreciated). My partner and occasionally my daughter walks them, but I would not be happy with anyone else.
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2011, 08:37 PM

Our dog walker has got the flu so my hubby had to take her two Border Terriers out with our Asti this morning, otherwise they wouldn't have got a walk.

It's alright if you can trust someone 100 %.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top