Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2014, 10:56 PM

Re: Bluebells!

What a gladdening sight EZ Rider. I have had my snowdrops out for a little while now, but 2 days ago I found my first crocus about to open as well - lovely welcome sights. I've actually got a few new buds on some roses in tubs as well!
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2014, 11:22 PM

These woods where I live..Abbey Woods..really come alive when the Bluebells and Windflowers are in full bloom. A sea of blue as far as the eye can see. They will need to work a little harder to be seen this year what with the carnage caused by these damned gales. So many trees down and broken branches. I'm taking my tree saw with me daily now to open up the footpaths again.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2014, 11:25 PM

Ah yes, the pretty little windflowers, I love to see them too. I have a few come up in my garden. I like to see the pink and white ones as well as the blue.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2014, 03:28 PM

I have lots of Crocus, Crocuses, or should that be Crocii ? fully up at the moment but they refuse to open fully till the sun shines on them. Lets hope it happens before they drown. I wont be fully blooming until the sun shines on me either!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2014, 03:35 PM

Yers, yes, yes, people - flowers are out in bloom. Just remember that at Easter last year we were up to our butts in snow !!!
seaspirit
stowmarket suffolk
seaspirit is female  seaspirit has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2014, 03:41 PM

planted the spring potatoes, hopefully they won't get washed away, raining here again today, so won't be able to go to club, got a cold already and it won't help getting chilled tonight
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey

10-02-2014, 03:43 PM

Talking of potatoes..I wonder how long it will be before we see a huge rise in the cost of fresh veg due to the weather of course.
ShirleyMarie
Michigan, USA
ShirleyMarie is female  ShirleyMarie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2014, 04:27 PM

EZ Rider, how true on the prices rising, even though at the time there is no harvest going on...not even planting time yet. Any excuse to make a profit for the grocer or is it the middle ones.

So happy to read there are flowers blooming even though far away from me...I so fed up with freezing here. My crocus are under knee deep snow and it is snowing today. It is 7 degrees.
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2014, 04:36 PM

I love bluebells , they are peeping through here too . Snowdrops are everywhere and some daffodils in my street are out but not mine though .
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2014, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
Talking of potatoes..I wonder how long it will be before we see a huge rise in the cost of fresh veg due to the weather of course.

That's already being talked about, - not just fruit and veg either, because all the fields are flooded, the animals don't have any 'feed', as a consequence some farmers have sold their herds already and so in months to come meat will be even more expensive as will all dairy pproducts too for the same reason.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top