Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2014, 06:50 PM

Re: Small Savings Or Am I mean?

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
I do that with carrot and turnip - love it mashed together but I cannot, for the life of me, peel and cut up a turnip! I start off with good intentions but by the time I've chased it round the kitchen a few times I have to admit defeat.

Bit more expensive to buy frozen but it saves my sanity...
Have you tried Aunt Bessie's carrot and swede mash? it's gorgeous!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2014, 06:52 PM

Mmm - sounds it - ta
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2014, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Honey ->

I love it !
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2014, 07:14 PM

I bought some from M&S today and that was lovely but never tried Aunt Bessies - will give it a try.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2014, 07:59 PM

I was lucky to get it on special offer at Asda, just £1 a bag so I bought 5!
lilac
West yorks uk
lilac is female  lilac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2014, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
In the old days we used to have a chap come round every monday morning with his 'Slop Cart', the Slopman we called him, he collected it all and it was fed to the pigs, all recycled at no cost to the householder, nowadays it's chucked into the bin and they charge you for it, like I always say it's backwards we're going.
Yes..we had a ''pig bin'' chap used to collect every Monday..on his horse and cart..
Didn't half whiff!!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2014, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
I do that with carrot and turnip - love it mashed together but I cannot, for the life of me, peel and cut up a turnip! I start off with good intentions but by the time I've chased it round the kitchen a few times I have to admit defeat.

Bit more expensive to buy frozen but it saves my sanity...
What? You mean there are actually vegetables that aren't frozen? What's the point of that?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2014, 02:14 PM

Honey darlin' - try sweet potato, parsnip and celeriac mash. Chop & cook 'em in your steamer, then empty into a mixing bowl, add a knob of butter and mash down - its truly delightful!!!
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2014, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Honey darlin' - try sweet potato, parsnip and celeriac mash. Chop & cook 'em in your steamer, then empty into a mixing bowl, add a knob of butter and mash down - its truly delightful!!!
Sounds delish, never think of mashing sweet potato or parsnip, usually roast them, but must give it a try for a change.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2014, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Bird ->
Sounds delish, never think of mashing sweet potato or parsnip, usually roast them, but must give it a try for a change.

Val darlin' - its fabulous!!! - makes a great accompaniment to Haggis (Haggis 'neeps & tatties).

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top