Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2014, 05:25 PM

We should have a Sports Channel

Instead of the BBC paying ridiculous sums to 'celebs' - they should give us a Sports Channel - next week we have a 'lot' of sport on TV, not just on BBC.
We also have to endure endless Cookery programmes, as well as CCTV focusing on crime as a so called programme.
In a nutshell - sport, cooks and yobs
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2014, 05:36 PM

Re: We should have a Sports Channel

I thought you meant a Sports Section on over 50s forum when I read the title
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2014, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
I thought you meant a Sports Section on over 50s forum when I read the title
Thanks Azz - made me larf
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2014, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Instead of the BBC paying ridiculous sums to 'celebs' - they should give us a Sports Channel - next week we have a 'lot' of sport on TV, not just on BBC.
I agree Patsy...why do they assume that sport is important to everyone?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

04-06-2014, 06:44 PM

You should see next weeks line up Pats
Last week was bad enough - loads of crime docus !
bloggsy
Hampshire
bloggsy is male  bloggsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2014, 07:10 PM

I've got loads of films and other things recorded ready for the world cup period, so that's me sorted
Stella H
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Stella H is female  Stella H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2014, 08:40 PM

I too think they should have a channel just for sport.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2014, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
I agree Patsy...why do they assume that sport is important to everyone?
The reason is that Sky, and now BT, have paid such huge sums of money for the 'rights' that they have to constantly brain wash people into believing that it is important just so they can get the viewing figures and hopefully recover their 'investment' from the advertising fees.

In the late nineties ONdigital (A subsidiary of Granada) made the same mistake, they were loosing money from the day they started broadcasting, even a change of name to ITV Digital didn't save them.

There's an evil circle now established it starts with the clubs paying stupid money to the players, the clubs then demand stupid money from the TV companies, the TV companies then have to use saturation promotions to get the fans to think it's important and to watch, so that they (the TV companies) can quote good viewing figures and get the advertisiers to pay huge amounts and the advertisers get their money from guess who yes you and me when we buy our food and fill up our car with petrol.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2014, 09:40 PM

Agree with you , im fed up of seeing Cookery programmes ,put them on a channel by themselves .
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2014, 09:42 PM

I love the crime docs, especially the cctv ones. I'm glad I have Sky and Virgin, with plenty of recordings. I hate sport.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top