Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2014, 09:44 PM

Re: We should have a Sports Channel

I thought there was on Sports channel, isn't it on Sky or something similar?
If there is, why do they keep stopping our usual programmes for flamin' football? Do they block our programmes for Show Jumping? Do they stop them for Swimming, Rugby, Snooker, Darts, Boxing etc etc? NO. So why do they do it for bloody football !!!
And while I'm at it, what is it about football that makes some men act like 10 years old too?
Do you see people at Polo matches, swimming tournaments, show jumping etc throwing things at the participants, waving rattles about, singing and chanting or punching the other spectators, or grown men painting their faces like a child's face painting game?
Why does football draw this kind of mentality?
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2014, 09:56 PM

In Canada there are different companies & satellite services you can sign up for. Depending on what package you want, you pay a certain amount. Everyone gets the same 'basic' channels which are numerous but who cares, then packages have a 'bundle' of 5-6 channels. There's various bundles which contain Food, Cooking, Animals, Documentaries, History, Discovery (scientific), Retro shows, Comedy channels, Sports, on & on. Still adds up to a big load of nothing at times that's why we cancelled 3 years ago & just watch our own DVDs we've collected. No commercials either!
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2014, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
I thought you meant a Sports Section on over 50s forum when I read the title
me too! I was about to slap her wrist!
Curmudgeon
Surrey UK
Curmudgeon is male  Curmudgeon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2014, 09:32 AM

What's wrong with that ? the average age of our bowls club membership is 75 and bowls is a Commonwealth Games sport.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2014, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by Honey ->
me too! I was about to slap her wrist!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2014, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
I love the crime docs, especially the cctv ones. I'm glad I have Sky and Virgin, with plenty of recordings. I hate sport.
Do you really like to see them falling out of pubs, vandalising, throwing up, fighting each other. No thanks gal
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

05-06-2014, 10:04 AM

Harvey - spot on with yer post .......
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

05-06-2014, 10:06 AM

Yes Mups of course there is Sky which is also paid for, but at least by the people that want to watch it.
The BBC should have another channel, instead of paying vast amounts to pathetic celebs that we are keeping in the land of luxury. We want varied programmes to watch, not the same old drivel for our licence fee .......
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2014, 10:34 AM

Let it all out MUPS

I cant afford to pay extra for Sport but I do have some sports channels on my package with Virgin. Euro Sport
generally has the cycling, tennis, and other smaller sports
on it.
You will have programmes changed if its an important footie
match. Especially as your licence money has gone towards buying it. BBC managed to get more sport in the olden days than they do now. Sky came along and the prices went up
about 100per cent dearer. So that's why everything is money, money nowadays. I do agree that some of the celebs
get way beyond their ability in wages. Thank goodness we just got rid of one the Bruce and the other year Jonathan. Just those two will buy more programmes from the wages the licence fee has saved.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2014, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
So why do they do it for bloody football !!!
Read my post No.8 and all will be explained I don't agree with it but this is how life is organised in the UK now.

While I'm writing, it is mainly a UK thing, we watch quite a bit of Czech TV and their sports coverage is far more broadly based. They cover swimming, rowing, skiing, cycling (all types) and of course ice hockey. Football gets a mention but no more than anyother sport which is how it should be.

As for why the players and fans in UK football are so childish, well I have no answer except to say when you target certain types of people you are bound to get certain types of behaviour, it's in the genes

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top