Join for free
Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7
Curmudgeon
Surrey UK
Curmudgeon is male  Curmudgeon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2014, 08:33 PM

Re: We should have a Sports Channel

Canadian Formula 1 GP tomorrow on BBC 1 for all you sports fans
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2014, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
so why not another - simple
It's the money (or lack of)

The BBC is trying to compete on all fronts, I don't agree with that approach, I was not in favour of the BBC starting all the local radio stations, admitedly some are useful (Road traffic reports, local events etc.) but the commercial stations could have been ordered to do that and the BBC could have put money into making the nationwide services better and adding maybe.

Same with TV, they are going head on with SKY and ITV and they don't have the resources, better to introduce some new nationwide channels (e.g. sports) and make the programmes that people do want (Like your quizes)

And of course the annual plea from the govenors for a licence fee increase..........why
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2014, 12:37 PM

Well Harvey - I think the first port of call would be the vast amounts the BBC pay to celebs, its criminal
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2014, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Honey ->
actually it would be easier if they did have channels for different categories so we could have dedicated sports channels/soaps/films/kids stuff etc instead of having several channels showing the same stuff
I would agree with this but could it work ? the BBC are struggling to keep channels open now if they had to separate everything I can't see some subjects getting a channel.

What they could do is just show the games, even my football mad nephew gets fed up of the pre and post match commentary. Then they could also stop showing repeats of soaps and other programmes when you count how many times they show each programme now it's ridiculous ! All channels do it too not just BBC.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2014, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I would agree with this but could it work ? the BBC are struggling to keep channels open now if they had to separate everything I can't see some subjects getting a channel.

What they could do is just show the games, even my football mad nephew gets fed up of the pre and post match commentary. Then they could also stop showing repeats of soaps and other programmes when you count how many times they show each programme now it's ridiculous ! All channels do it too not just BBC.
True - to the last line and what you say is worthwhile, they certainly drag the sport out .....
Curmudgeon
Surrey UK
Curmudgeon is male  Curmudgeon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2014, 06:53 PM

I thought all the ladies tuned in to watch the foreign tennis stars in their tight shorts. I noticed that today at Roland Garos, Djokovic was looking very pert in his bum huggers , surprisingly Nadal was wearing Victor Silvester's (loads of ballroom), does this mean he is loosing tone in his derriere ?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

10-06-2014, 12:56 PM

No Eric - not this gal

Now - they are going to have a £4,000 fine, for TV licence dodgers - its criminal !
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2014, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Well Harvey - I think the first port of call would be the vast amounts the BBC pay to celebs, its criminal
Yes Patsy again we in agreement (People will start talking soon )

I have become so fed up I now refer to these people as 'front of camera workers' and (having been a 'technical' bod in a past life) I think the 'back of camera workers' do a far more justifiable job and get paid far less.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

10-06-2014, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Losos ->
Yes Patsy again we in agreement (People will start talking soon )

I have become so fed up I now refer to these people as 'front of camera workers' and (having been a 'technical' bod in a past life) I think the 'back of camera workers' do a far more justifiable job and get paid far less.
Oh dear I couldn't agree more !
Well, as long as we make it clear we're not a 'clique'

Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top