Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2014, 10:00 PM

Re: Damned Bouncy Castles!!

Firstly thank you all so much for your concern. Kelsie had her operation late this afternoon. It was a clean break just above the elbow joint. The main worry was the damage to the vein which stopped the blood flow for quite a while. She is now plastered from elbow to wrist but with the severe swelling above the elbow they could only wire that bit and in a couple of weeks a full plaster will be applied. Mum is staying with her tonight of course.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2014, 10:38 PM

If anybody cares to look, Kelsie is now my profile photo for a day or two.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2014, 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
My seven year old Great Granddaughter is in hospital this afternoon after getting knocked off of one these awful things. She has broken her arm above the elbow and is having it pinned later today. She also has a twisted vein stopping the blood supply to her hand. I have always said that bouncy castles plus all other inflateable climb on toys should be banned.
Sadly it is that attitude of banning everything that has lead to playgrounds for kids being very tame affairs indeed.

Fortunately for all of us in spite of an appalling road toll instead of banning cars the effort has been put into making them safer.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey

09-06-2014, 07:42 AM

The biggest problem with bouncy castles and the like, they are generally unsupervised so kids of all ages, sizes, and even adults climb on and go crazy therefore smaller children can get thrown in the air and come of onto hard ground. Seen it so many times. Always a disaster waiting to happen.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2014, 07:54 AM

A mate of mine fell off a Tarzan Rope, he was about 14 years old at the time, he broke both wrists. I can only imagine his embarrassment at that age, when his Mother had to manage all his bodily functions on his behalf.
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2014, 08:02 AM

Oh gosh. I hope Kelsie is feeling better soon.
I checked out her picture, she's a wee sweetie.

I agree - lack of supervision is the cause of many accidents on such equipment.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2014, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
The biggest problem with bouncy castles and the like, they are generally unsupervised so kids of all ages, sizes, and even adults climb on and go crazy therefore smaller children can get thrown in the air and come of onto hard ground. Seen it so many times. Always a disaster waiting to happen.
Spot on - seen it many times too - hope Kelsie recovers well
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2014, 01:08 PM

Hope your wee girl gets better soon!
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2014, 06:41 PM

Just saw this thread . Poor Kelsie , it sounds awfully painful .
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey

10-06-2014, 08:20 PM

Many thanks again for your sympathetic comments. She has a plaster cast from wrist to elbow although the break is above the elbow the swelling is so great that it's not possible to plaster to the shoulder for about two weeks. She has titanium rods holding the broken bone..Humerus I think..together and they will be removed after the bone has set.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top