Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2014, 09:06 AM

Razor Blade refills more expensive than original purchase

Why is a replacement pack of three quality Razor Blades more expensive, than the original purchase price of a super duper ergonomic handle with three blades included?.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2014, 11:01 AM

Re: Razor Blade refills more expensive than original purchase

They sell you the razor cheaply so that you are tied in to using their expensive blades. I gave up wet-shaving many years ago and use an electric razor..........much less trouble.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2014, 11:28 AM

Tesco sell their own make razor with five triple blades included for a ridiculous £2.79. I just buy half a dozen of these packs at a time and they last me over a year, absolutely brilliant value...
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2014, 11:33 AM

I think I raised the point before about cheap disposable razors, how the heck is it possible to design a blade that is blunt right from the word go, refuses to touch your stubble but cuts your face to shreads?.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2014, 12:53 PM

You could always grow a beard and make a certain member happy !
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2014, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
They sell you the razor cheaply so that you are tied in to using their expensive blades. I gave up wet-shaving many years ago and use an electric razor..........much less trouble.

All very well Alan matey, but you don't get as 'close' a shave with an electric razor as you do with wet safety razor.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2014, 07:56 PM

I was conned with this trick once Spitty but never again, I went back to the Tesco disposables. It's the same with printers for your computer, they sell the item cheap and snare you into buying the over expensive ink refills, very underhanded, not honest trading in my opinion, companies using tactics like that don't deserve supporting.
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2014, 01:17 AM

Women too are conned into buying these pretty, dainty pink shavers with blades decorated also with a pretty pink strip & charged 2-3x as much as a man's razor.

I've used a man's simple razor for a few decades now (omg, did I say that?!).

Anyway, age depression aside, the mens work just as well as the women's razor. I've had mine for years.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2014, 11:31 AM

I now use the disposable Gillette pack of 5 - they seem to be lasting me as long as the non-disposal one would!

But yeah, agree with Alan, it's to tie you in so you buy their blades later on.
wishbone
south wales
wishbone is male  wishbone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2014, 11:56 AM

I'ts just the same as "Parker" pens, lots of firms get them for free
off Parker to give to their customers so that when they run out we will have to buy the refills
and have you seen the price of Parker refills?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top