Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2014, 02:34 PM

Re: Razor Blade refills more expensive than original purchase

Originally Posted by AutumnColour ->
Women too are conned into buying these pretty, dainty pink shavers with blades decorated also with a pretty pink strip & charged 2-3x as much as a man's razor.

I've used a man's simple razor for a few decades now (omg, did I say that?!).

Anyway, age depression aside, the mens work just as well as the women's razor. I've had mine for years.
And I would imagine Brazilians cause havoc even with a man's razor
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2014, 02:36 PM

Why just Brazilians?
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2014, 05:22 PM

I use a wet razor to trim round the edges of my beard. It's difficult to get decent blades, but I managed to buy a bulk pack (20 x 5 blade packs) from Amazon. They're not bad and reasonably priced.

My Wilkinson safety razon that I had since I started shaving, gave up after 40 odd years use. The new one isn't too bad, but I might treat myself to a German 'Mercure' razor.

Talking of disposable items - what about injet carridges?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top