Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2014, 03:40 PM

Old actor nonsense.

I was amazed to see on the main news bulletins on every channel that poor old HARRISON FORD hurt his ankle on location filming.

WTF is he doing on the main news when all hell is breaking out in the world ?

I continue to be dismayed at the trivia featured on the news.

I'm not heartless & I hope his ankle gets sorted out & knowing that he is a hard nosed professional actor I would like to think he agrees with my view.

Ford & his wife Calista Flockheart, have an estimated combined fortune in excess of $250million but like those other grandees Sean Connery, Michael whatshisname & others just don't know when to throw in the towel.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2014, 03:43 PM

Re: Old actor nonsense.

He also likes to do his own stunts .... I guess its not his fault its blasted on the news - but it is ridiculous to even be on the news - we don't get a mention do we - just as well
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2014, 04:13 PM

i suppose it will be of interest to his fans and those that are Star War addicts ,bad news seems to be the only news now a days ..And something of a differant nature could be Harrison Fords Ankle , I wonder if this is going to delay filming , May the force be with him
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2014, 04:18 PM

Like your post gal
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2014, 04:32 PM

Well I am a bit of a fan, and the news was of interest to me, TBH I prefer reading some of the froth to the terrible goings on these days. Only so much beheadings and horror I can take before I get quite depressed. So bring on the star wars news I say. And as to him being too old, well he is still one of the best actors actively working IMO and I am pleased he is still working if that makes him happy.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

13-06-2014, 04:36 PM

Its true what you say there Julie - I always try and hang on till the 'last' item which is usually on a lighter note
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

13-06-2014, 06:30 PM

Just seen the item on the news and it was the last item to be aired. So fair enough, although not good news, it was worth a mention for his fans.
Have you calmed down yet RJ
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2014, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Its true what you say there Julie - I always try and hang on till the 'last' item which is usually on a lighter note

That's true Patsy. But I have often wondered why do they have half an hour (or whatever) of trouble, death, war and fighting, celebrity divorces, footballers etc, then about 10 seconds of something light hearted?
I think we should have the usual news programmes for those that want it, but an alternative news programme with half an hour of good news. Good things happen all the time all over the world, things that make us happy, so why don't they get publicity too?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

13-06-2014, 06:48 PM

Love the idea Mups - but they never give us what we want, have you noticed that ........
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2014, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Love the idea Mups - but they never give us what we want, have you noticed that ........

Such a shame Patsy. It might give people more hope to see good things happen too, and also send them to bed in a better frame of mind too!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top