Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2014, 07:03 PM

Re: Old actor nonsense.

That's 'exactly' how I feel, in fact I wont watch negative TV before bed, always end on something light ......
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2014, 07:58 PM

Was an air ambulance really necessary? Haven't read much about it but for a broken ankle.......
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2014, 08:20 PM

"Ford & his wife Calista Flockheart, have an estimated combined fortune in excess of $250million but like those other grandees Sean Connery, Michael whatshisname & others just don't know when to throw in the towel".Quote Robert Junior.

Why some of these over ripe actors continue to try to impress us is beyond me, the ordinary Joe/Jane can't wait to see their retirement day, and even if they have to drop a bit in their income at least they know the rest of their lives is their own to do as they wish. These actors/singers/bands have more money than they could spend it ten lifetimes, does it not make sense to them to enjoy it while they still can?, there are no pockets in a habit as me granny used to say.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2014, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
Was an air ambulance really necessary? Haven't read much about it but for a broken ankle.......
Broken ankle - that could be serious for a man of his age!!! Will he sue? The studio are probably insured and I imagine he must be covered. Did he sign a contract with an accidental damage waiver? Does he need a lawyer?
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2014, 08:21 AM

Fortunately this important news item, until revealed on here, totally passed me by.

If only the Soccer World Cup would go the same way...
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2014, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
He had chest injuries too they reported. And I have no idea of the terrain he was filming in they get to some pretty remote areas filming Sci Fi.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2014, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
"Ford & his wife Calista Flockheart, have an estimated combined fortune in excess of $250million but like those other grandees Sean Connery, Michael whatshisname & others just don't know when to throw in the towel".Quote Robert Junior.

Why some of these over ripe actors continue to try to impress us is beyond me, the ordinary Joe/Jane can't wait to see their retirement day, and even if they have to drop a bit in their income at least they know the rest of their lives is their own to do as they wish. These actors/singers/bands have more money than they could spend it ten lifetimes, does it not make sense to them to enjoy it while they still can?, there are no pockets in a habit as me granny used to say.
Because they still give entertainment to many of us and IMO are still far and wide better than many of the younger actors. No one seems to be able to fill their shoes, imagine downton without the older cast members !!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2014, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
He had chest injuries too they reported. And I have no idea of the terrain he was filming in they get to some pretty remote areas filming Sci Fi.

No mention of any chest injuries in the paper today Julie? However, it did say that a door fell on him, and it broke his ankle. Now Health & Safety are checking the set out.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

14-06-2014, 12:27 PM

His wife is now flying in to see him, apparently chest and pelvis injuries along with the broken ankle. Sounds more serious than they first said although I would add my lovely MIL died of a broken ankle so they are not always the simple things people think they are.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2014, 12:33 PM

Latest news: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/s...ison-Ford.html

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top