Join for free
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2014, 02:22 AM

What Was The Worst Thing You Did As A Kid?

Even now I feel ashamed writing about it as only my husband & the kids I was with back in '74 know about this.

It was actually a criminal act but never got caught. I'm afraid you guys will think differently of me even though this was decades ago & no....i didn't murder anyone!

I think I'll wait a bit & see 1st what others put down....yes I'm a coward.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2014, 06:05 AM

Re: What Was The Worst Thing You Did As A Kid?

LOL! Autumn, now you have us all intrigued !

OK - I'll start. When I was at Grammar School, age about 13yrs, our lovely french language mistress retired and a 'supply teacher' took our lessons while we waited for a permanent replacement. She was a very strange, highly strung person and none of the class liked her very much. French is a boring language anyway - and she made it even worse. During a break in a particularly tedious double lesson some of us hatched a plot. We sneaked into the nuns garden (which was definitely off limits), collected as many spiders as we could lay hands on, sneaked back into the classroom - and filled her desk with the them. It was surprising how many spiders 28 determined girls could find ! We were all sitting quietly at our desks when the teacher came in. She opened her desk to take out a book - screamed hysterically for about 20 seconds before falling to the floor in a dead faint! Apparently she had serious arachnophobia. She left school and refused ever to teach there again! Needless to say we were all severely punished.

Makes me very ashamed to think of it now - but it seemed like a good idea at the time.
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2014, 07:44 AM

I nicked a Cliff Richard badge from Woollies - does that count, or was it just a case of poor taste?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2014, 08:00 AM

Grew Up!.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2014, 02:16 PM

Hmm, this needs a bit of thinking about. So many things..such a bad lad.
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2014, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by eccles ->
I nicked a Cliff Richard badge from Woollies - does that count, or was it just a case of poor taste?
That is a very serious crime... Liking Cliff Richard!!!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2014, 06:27 PM

I took a paintbrush home from school to do my homework with, took it back the next day; threw a stone at a girl called Ruth; played doctors with the boy next door, that's about it really!
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2014, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by oldbugger ->
That is a very serious crime... Liking Cliff Richard!!!
I know - I'm so ashamed, but luckily I soon grew out of it.
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2014, 12:52 AM

Well I used to go to my best friend's cottage sometimes for many weeks. My parents let me go because they couldn't afford a cottage & thought we were being supervised......no. Not a lot. Anyway, we got hanging out with a couple of boys our age too & the 5 of us went around throwing rocks & smashing windows of empty cottages in another area close by. It was strange, the more we did, the more it didn't matter, we just wanted to hear the glass shattering. Needless to say, over the next few days, we were seeing cops around asking questions of other cottagers. We hightailed it & never (well I never) said a word to anyone ever. I finally told my husband but no one else knows except the other culprits. That was a long time ago & I feel over the years I've done my time of "what goes around, comes around" believe me, but its something I wish I'd never been a part of.

Another time we took my friend's dad's rowboat out with 3 other friends & rowed across the lake. It was quite far but we made it. No lifejackets at all in the boat, didn't tell a soul either, just left. We had a great time on the other side, had the boat packed with junk to eat then a couple of us swam at times on the row back! My mom was very upset when she heard 'that' one!

Btw, that was pretty nasty about the spiders ST! lol!
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2014, 12:59 AM

a gang of us were sheltering from the rain in the doorway of a local butchers one night, we leaned on the window and it shattered!
We felt terrible about it and the next day we went back to tell him what we did and that we were very sorry, he was very nice about it saying accidents happen and didn't expect us to pay to replace the window, in this instance owning up and telling the truth was the right thing to do but I accept in certain circumstances when the truth could hurt then we should keep quiet..

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top