Join for free
View Poll Results: Would you vote to stay or go?
STAY IN THE EU 34 27.87%
LEAVE THE EU 88 72.13%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Page 4 of 131 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 > Last »
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2015, 09:59 AM

Re: EU...IN or OUT?

Originally Posted by Advantage Out ->
Are you saying that we are not defending ourselves ("without a real fight") against the Germans?
I understand the quote below and agree with it, what puzzles you about it ? Do you rate the 'demands' Cameron has made to the EU ? To me and others, they are pathetic .......

Originally Posted by Moyra ->
Standing in remembrance for the dead this morning makes my heart ache that so many lives were lost fighting for our freedom from Germany and its take over intentions and here we are giving it to them freely without a real fight...........sorry it has to be wrong!
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2015, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
I understand the quote below and agree with it, what puzzles you about it ? Do you rate the 'demands' Cameron has made to the EU ? To me and others, they are pathetic .......
Well, before I say anything (anything at all) I'd like to have it confirmed that the Nazis are being equated with Germany in today's instance ……. as an enemy. It certainly sounds like that is what you (and cranberry) are saying - but I'd like to be certain.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2015, 11:36 AM

Well, before I say anything (anything at all) I'd like to have it confirmed that the Nazis are being equated with Germany in today's instance ……. as an enemy. It certainly sounds like that is what you (and cranberry) are saying - but I'd like to be certain.
Wouldn't go that far - but it does seem we are being 'governed' now by them and we need to take a firm stance for once and show we are not a pushover - it has got out of hand because we are to slow to react
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2015, 11:50 AM

I fear that if Cameron reckons these pathetic "reforms" that he is supposedly negotiating are going to make people less likely to vote to leave, then he is even more stupid than I had previously thought. He isn't even beginning to scratch the surface of demanding what most people want.
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2015, 12:30 PM

Wouldn't go that far ...
No?

”so many lives were lost fighting for our freedom from Germany and its take over intentions and here we are giving it to them freely without a real fight”

That's a call to arms.

... it does seem we are being 'governed' now by them ...
If the UK is being governed from abroad then that would be those fellows the other side of the big pond. Their CIA destroyed the Democratic government of Iran on your behalf but they they took the spoils for themselves. They invaded Grenada without so much as a “by your leave” and you didn't even slap their hand. And then you've followed them into every dirty war since.

... we need to take a firm stance for once and show we are not a pushover - it has got out of hand because we are to slow to react
The "pushover" is you against your own government. Your grievance is with Thatcher, Blair, and Cameron, not with Merkel.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

13-11-2015, 01:35 PM

No?

”so many lives were lost fighting for our freedom from Germany and its take over intentions and here we are giving it to them freely without a real fight”

That's a call to arms.

No it isn't

If the UK is being governed from abroad then that would be those fellows the other side of the big pond. Their CIA destroyed the Democratic government of Iran on your behalf but they they took the spoils for themselves. They invaded Grenada without so much as a “by your leave” and you didn't even slap their hand. And then you've followed them into every dirty war since.

We weren't discussing the USA - but as you mention it - again we were pathetic

The "pushover" is you against your own government. Your grievance is with Thatcher, Blair, and Cameron, not with Merkel.
Yes it is - but also against Merkel
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2015, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
I fear that if Cameron reckons these pathetic "reforms" that he is supposedly negotiating are going to make people less likely to vote to leave, then he is even more stupid than I had previously thought. He isn't even beginning to scratch the surface of demanding what most people want.
Very true plantman.

I think he's just paving the way for his successor in some ways and doesn't want to stick his neck out with something that could come back to haunt the Government, the Party or possibly both.

He's not had much to make his tenure as Prime Minister noteworthy and this watered-down, half-baked sop is an insult to our intelligence, regarless of which poltical party we support! stevmk2
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2015, 05:52 PM

His decision to bow out of leadership tells me he is jut a Trojan horse for staying in europe, and much as i dont want it many of our so called political elite feel the same. I suspect the result will be manipulated to achieve anything but a exit option.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2015, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
His decision to bow out of leadership tells me he is jut a Trojan horse for staying in europe, and much as i dont want it many of our so called political elite feel the same. I suspect the result will be manipulated to achieve anything but a exit option.
Well Yes Nom, I think we all feel that way!

The Conservative Party clearly stated their stance that they consider our remaining full members of the European, get-rich-quick Club a priority so everything will be done to ensure that the hoi polloi are "directed" to choose the right path, you can be assured!

But we also have the other would-be Members of the European Glee Club champing at the bit to get loads of dosh stuffed into their mattresses from EU coffers, (our contributions plus everyone elses!) so the "choice" is ours - innit?!

As if we REALLY EVER had any choice!!

By the way, it only took 13 men hidden in the Trojan Horse that led to the annihilation of an entire empire - makes ya think eh?! stevmk2
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2015, 08:40 PM

80% in favour of pulling out...that's a pretty big majority.

Page 4 of 131 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top