Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2010, 03:29 PM

Are you a worrier?

I was born with a worried frown on my face, I think! Most of the many photos taken of me as a child show a worried expression on my face, unlike the cheesy grins of our own children and grandchildren.

As far back as I can remember, which is to the cradle, I seem to have had something to worry about, whether legitimate or imaginery. Nowadays I have plenty to legitimately concern me as well as stuff which I shouldn't be worrying about. My husband gets mad at me for being so stupid, basically his attitude is, "do something about it if you can, if you can't, just get on with it". Sensible advice, but not something I find easy or possible!

I wrote this poem which just about sums me up!

Wot, Me Worry?

A worry gene is implanted in my DNA
It predisposes me to attacks of anxiety!
Each new day is greeted with a frown,
What problem will disquiet my breast today?
Will World War 3 eliminate the human race?
Or a meteor hit my house before I break my fast?
The news bulletin provides an endless worry opportunity.
Earthquakes, floods, interminable bad news items
To add to my already overfull lexicon of cares.
I find a lump in my bra, PANIC, OH GOLLY GOSH!
Relief as the large crumb of toast is revealed!
The day rolls on, no major disasters to report,
Then why is my face still puckered with concern?
I am worried because I have nothing to worry about!!!!!!!!!!!

RJG
buttercup
Wiltshire
buttercup is female  buttercup has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2010, 04:30 PM

Re: Are you a worrier?

I am not a worrier but do suffer from anxiety and used to have panic attacks - so perhaps I am subconsciously. Go to pieces if any of my family are ill. People always think I am very laid back but I am good at hiding my shyness and get very nervous in social situations. Lovely poem Getta.
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2010, 04:35 PM

Glad you like the poem.

BTW it is qetta, the initials of my grandchildren who all have names, which aren't run of the mill, but not too outlandish either.
buttercup
Wiltshire
buttercup is female  buttercup has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2010, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by qetta ->
Glad you like the poem.

BTW it is qetta, the initials of my grandchildren who all have names, which aren't run of the mill, but not too outlandish either.
Sorry qetta - got my specs on now:
Dancingsky
None

19-09-2010, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by buttercup ->
Sorry qetta - got my specs on now:
Don't worry about it. I suspect people think it odd to have a child with a name beginning with Q, but it is a nice name, imo!
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2010, 09:24 PM

No I'm not a worrier-don't think I ever have been. If something happens,then it happens and I deal with it-but I never worry about what might happen......the only exception being when my Niece's hubby was in Afghanistan-totally different situation to everyday living.......
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2010, 09:41 PM

I think I have always been a worrier. |It comes natural. I have this irrational idea that if I worry a problem enough I will find the solution and be able to deal with it. People even seem to bring their worries to me and I worry about them as well. Funnily enough sometimes worrying something works for me and it can be quite productive - I do some of my best "whittling" at night - drives everyone around me mad. I blame my upbringing.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2010, 10:30 PM

I am for some things, for really laid back for others
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2010, 10:35 PM

Definitely not a worrier, take things as they come and deal with them.....Very laid back person...
jj'sgirl
Kent UK
jj'sgirl is female  jj'sgirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2010, 11:26 PM

Snap.. I am a worrier too..I worry if I haven't got anything to worry about and all the photos of me having a worrying look ..

Things are fine and then wham .. did I say something that someone would not take the right way so there I go again something to worry about...

I do try not to but the niggle starts and I worry again

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top