Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2011, 09:45 PM

Tiger, Elephant, Giraffs

It was a perfect day for photography today, overcast. That form of lighting allows for lower contrast and more dramatic light. I love it.

maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2011, 09:53 PM

Re: Tiger, Elephant, Giraffs

They're fantastic Bob! Looks like you had another great day there.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2011, 10:44 PM

Wonderful photos Bob, it's almost like seeing them for real.....
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2011, 07:32 AM

Great pictures Bob and the animals all look like they could be hugged and stroked, if you dont mind losing a hand or arm that is. lol
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2011, 08:03 AM

Hey!- where'd you get to take piccys of my pussy cat!!!!! - when I visited and stayed with my grandparents in India as infant, I had my own pet Tiger cub (how I got him is a long story).
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2011, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
Great pictures Bob and the animals all look like they could be hugged and stroked, if you dont mind losing a hand or arm that is. lol
I'm into expressive photography. I used to be a professional wedding and portrait photographer that captured the personality of people. I learned to read expressions. The same applies to animals. Boring pictures get deleted.

The elephant shot was kept because of the expression I was able to capture. You don't realize this but I took about a dozen shots of the elephant situation. He was working with a trainer who was getting him to scoop up water from the pond in front, holding it with a curled trunk, and then blowing it out on command at the imaginary crowd. This training caused the scene to repeat itself over & over. I was ready for the upturned trunk by the third repetition.
bobmielke
Portland, OR

08-07-2011, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Hey!- where'd you get to take piccys of my pussy cat!!!!! - when I visited and stayed with my grandparents in India as infant, I had my own pet Tiger cub (how I got him is a long story).
This "kitty" was laid way back in his cave just keeping an eye out at the crowd, me. I love the expression on his face and the eyes. I accentuated the eyes & face so no matter where you may start looking in the picture you're drawn to the eyes. I was a good 75 feet away from him but you can tell he had his eyes directly on me. That's an important factor in a good portrait, whether it's a human or animal.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2011, 04:12 PM

Fabulous photos. I was going to ask if you're a professional photographer, but I just read that you are.
rueben
lancs uk
rueben is female  rueben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2011, 05:19 PM

Hi Bob --Looking through this thread at some of your photo's has been a real pleasure. The composition of your subjects and the clarity is just stunning. Being a tiger fan I especially love the tiger. I shall be looking out for more of your creations.
bobmielke
Portland, OR

15-07-2011, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by rueben ->
Hi Bob --Looking through this thread at some of your photo's has been a real pleasure. The composition of your subjects and the clarity is just stunning. Being a tiger fan I especially love the tiger. I shall be looking out for more of your creations.
Thank you for your kind words. Here are a few bonus tiger photos just for you.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top