Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2011, 06:31 PM

Re: Social Statement - San Francisco

Dont be upset Bob, there are ignorant people all over the world. Take a deep breath and let it go. We are all friends here and care about each other, God Bless Bob.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2011, 06:42 PM

Bob my friend, some of us in Britain are sometimes ashamed to be British. Sometimes I fear the days of pride and respect are all behind us....
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

12-08-2011, 09:46 PM

Bob, why give the morons a second thought?
There will always be someone who is envious of your undoubted skill and talent, perhaps this was the only way they they had of point scoring.

A pretty futile pastime I grant you but they get off on it.
You are your own man and sod the lot of them.

A little piece of Yusuf for you ( Formerly known as Cat Stevens) my eldest daughter plays it for me when she knows things are a little tough and it kinda works.

Enjoy Bob, and Best Wishes.
George.(Hammer)
Be What You Must
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2011, 10:10 PM

You have very good loyal friends here Bob, as well as Warren, his Mum, your friends at MacDonalds and other friends we don't know about. To go on that great holiday alone, with complete strangers from all over the world and to come home knowing you'd made many more says so much about the good, honest bloke you are.
Ignor those numbskulls, they don't appreciate your skills and your ability to find happiness in such small every day things.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2011, 10:17 PM

Beautifully said, maryl! I concur heartily.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2011, 10:59 PM

Thank you all for your words of encouragement. I've stopped posting on that forum. No other forum had their reaction or conclusion. I belong to about 6. I've concluded that they get some sort of thrill tearing down another's work. They will, therefore, be summarily ignored.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2011, 11:07 PM

Good for you Bob, they're not important. There's more enjoyable things to be getting on with aren't there?
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2011, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by maryl ->
Good for you Bob, they're not important. There's more enjoyable things to be getting on with aren't there?
There are more friendly, knowledgeable Photographic forums out there such as Shutterfreaks. I am humbled by the depth of their member's skill level. They critique constructively without attacking in packs like wolves. I'm better off without the offending forum.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2011, 11:36 PM

If that forum was a bad fit, and it certainly sounds like it, you're wise to just drop off. Stay here, and on other forums where you're welcomed and people look forward to your posts and pics!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top