Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2011, 07:28 PM

Evergreen Balloon Festival

At the very last moment today I decided to drive to McMinnville, Oregon for the hot-air balloon festival. It was a two day event that ran through this weekend. I was lucky and got there in plenty of time to set up my tripod. The sunrise was great so lighting was ideal.

Wonda
Sussex, England
Wonda is female  Wonda has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2011, 07:29 PM

Re: Evergreen Balloon Festival

lovely photos, thanks for sharing them... were you tempted to go up in one of the balloons?
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2011, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by Wonda ->
lovely photos, thanks for sharing them... were you tempted to go up in one of the balloons?
That was an option at this event as the balloon owners are commercial pilots renting time aboard their craft. I'm dirt poor these days so I'll need to simply photograph them up close and personal.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2011, 07:37 PM

Stunning photos of the colourful balloons, Bob.

I went up in a hot air balloon a few years ago in Egypt. The views from the air were amazing...
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2011, 09:22 PM

I love the balloons We have something similar here Bob on a smaller scale, the Bristol Balloon Festival..

some of the balloons come this way .
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2011, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I love the balloons We have something similar here Bob on a smaller scale, the Bristol Balloon Festival..

some of the balloons come this way .
.......and many fly over quite low over our house - what a noise they make too when the gas whooshes!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2011, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
.......and many fly over quite low over our house - what a noise they make too when the gas whooshes!
..yes they do make a noise Mags and the cattle in the field don't like it and rush around moooing
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

21-08-2011, 09:38 PM

Some of the pilots should take a little more care regarding animals ...... even Cassie is frightened when they go overhead.

One pilot had a narrow escape last year when he almost hit the Suspension Bridge!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ind-drops.html
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

21-08-2011, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Some of the pilots should take a little more care regarding animals ...... even Cassie is frightened when they go overhead.

One pilot had a narrow escape last year when he almost hit the Suspension Bridge!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ind-drops.html
goodness that must have been scary ...
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2011, 10:01 PM

Wonderful pics there, thanks for sharing

They look so graceful don't they? I couldn't go up in one though.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top